Our focus for the next few months

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should we focus on in the next few months?

Small updates and improvements, directly from the suggestions or Game Quality Committee forums, like these: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=42741 (1 - 3 days per update)
16%
Making Castle Wars more attractive and more worth doing (2 weeks)
9%
Improving Pest Control, adding elite void armor, making the minigame more interesting and a little more challenging, but also more rewarding (2 weeks)
13%
Improving the agility courses, making them more realistic and more challenging, but also more rewarding (2 weeks)
3%
New bosses (smoke devil, giant mole, kraken, avatars of creation/destruction) with new item drops (3 weeks)
26%
Trade and duel anti-scam measures (3 weeks)
3%
Rework of the zombie minigame with more interesting enemies, better rewards and players getting assigned roles (3 weeks)
5%
Limited version of summoning, provided it's approved by all players (3 weeks)
7%
Improving following/pathing (1 month)
10%
Adding regular pets + quest (1 month)
9%

Total votes: 344

Mike
Programmer

Our focus for the next few months

Post by Mike » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:18 pm

The time has come for another poll to help us decide what we'll be working on the next few months. We'd like to know what you personally want to see the most before Spring comes around.
Keep in mind: this poll is merely to give us an idea of what the community wants (or doesn't want). The outcome of the poll won't necessarily decide what we'll be working on, but it does have a big influence on our choices for future updates. It will also help us decide what we won't be working on in the next few months. The items are taken directly from our to-do list in this post.

I have included a (very) rough estimate of how long each items will take us to develop. The estimates will be way off the actual time required for the development, but at least it'll give you a bit of an idea of the effort that goes into it.

I haven't added three options (ability to revert ironman status to normal, boss doors/edgy scoreboards and ancient effigies) since those are very small updates, each of which taking just a few days to develop and they're already planned for release in January anyway.
If you're wondering why I didn't add Zulrah and wilderness bosses, that's because I already wanted to add them a while ago, but I haven't got their proper animations yet. We're still hoping to obtain them somehow, but until then, there's not much we can do about them.

You can pick up to 5 options. Happy voting!

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Our focus for the next few months

Post by Rawr » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:54 pm

• Castle Wars fixes, please. A few reward tweaks and changes to how tickets are allocated would go a long way to improving everything about it. I'd even go as far as suggesting you even create NPCs that you can play against (obviously with lower ticket rewards) so that people don't have to always wait hours just to get a game.
  • I feel that new bosses should be a priority. Quests would be amazing; something original and with (hopefully) useful rewards is awesome to see. They're content for almost everybody and really help to keep things fresh for people.
  • Not sure why PC should be made 'harder'. It's just a trivial minigame that isn't in any way interesting to play; good luck making it tougher and not infuriating or a pain in the ass.
  • Agility courses aren't honestly worth looking into that much. It's a very insignificant and useless skill once you hit 99. I can't see many people caring about any updates to this, to be honest. The Werewolf course, if tweaked properly, is more than enough.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:15 pm

>Add super combat potions
>Fix pathing
>Make curses cheap

It'd bring in ton of new pkers because funnily enough, most people come to an RSPS to PK. Initially, anyway.

And yeah, castle wars improvements. Perhaps CWars tickets can be used to purchase Ags' and claws.

Gragas main

Post by Gragas main » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:28 pm

If you're going to follow this poll and code more bosses, change the name to PVMhonor. This game is already PVM based anyways.
dad of pkhonor

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Definitely new bosses, It's always refreshing to have new moneymaking methods added into the game.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:32 pm

i would say, if you start on the new bosses, to make sure that some can be done for new players.

Jelle
Honor Player

Post by Jelle » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:54 pm

i would love to see a rework of the zombie minigame

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:52 pm

I accidentally only voted for bosses..

We haven't had a boss since Nomad? I think it's about time we get some new ones..

Shop 14

Post by Shop 14 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:01 pm

Houwuh wrote:i would love to see a rework of the zombie minigame
This aND bosses

Fix risky Barrows for ironman

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Please make sure you read the GQC before adding the bosses.
Especially when you add kraken.
Also we have 2 full sized bosses that are minutes from release ;)
Credits to maurits for Signature