Ironman: Castle Wars & Bounty Hunter

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should Ironman mode players be able to participate in CW and BH?

Don't allow them to play either Castle Wars or Bounty Hunter
17%
Allow them to play Castle Wars but not Bounty Hunter
52%
Allow them to play Bounty Hunter but not Castle Wars
7%
Allow them to play both Bounty Hunter and Castle Wars
24%

Total votes: 29

Mike
Programmer

Ironman: Castle Wars & Bounty Hunter

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Considering Ironman mode players are supposed to "do everything themself without help from others", it's obvious that they can't PK other players for loot or stake them (nor pick up loot from other players or NPC's you didn't kill).

However, two activities that also involve PvP are somewhat in a grey zone. Other players could, technically, help Ironman mode players who play either of these two activities, which doesn't seem to match the idea behind ironman.

This is one of those instances where I'll let the community decide. However, keep in mind that players could potentially abuse bounty hunter if enabled (for example lvl 3 ironmen fighting each other for emblems).

Connor
Premium Donator

Re: Ironman: Castle Warrs & Bounty Hunter

Post by Connor » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Enable, monitor and deal with abusers

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:56 pm

I believe its best to just have neither and have a way for them to get the items in other means as we know, pkhonor people like to abuse much.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Bounty hunter is 1vs1. Castle wars can be with multiple people. That makes it harder to abuse castle wars.
I say allow castle wars but don't allow bounty hunter

Jade
Honor Player

Post by Jade » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Yes halo for ironmen.
yeah I've got multiple personalities but you're two faced AF

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Lovely to see more community cooperation.

Castle Wars
I personally see no problem whatsoever with allowing Iron Man players to participate in Castle Wars.

With regard to the rewards, there is nothing even close to being so incredibly overpowered so as to diminish the challenge of Iron Man.

Boosting for tickets is obviously an issue, but the selfsame issue arises in the main game.
I just don't think boosting is that overbearing so as to erode the integrity of the self-sufficiency of Iron Man.
Also, boosting is an issue stemming not from Iron Man, but from the nature of the ticket reward system. Currently, the ticket rewards are predicated on a win-based model, whereby players are awarded the greatest amount of points for winning. Alternatively, a merit-based model (see discussion on Danny's thread), whereby players are rewarded for in-game actions such as capturing flags, attacking players etc., would pretty much see an end to boosting. Not to mention it would be fairer for all involved, considering some players - myself included - like to play on the same team as their friends and dominate the game (S/O to my boys James and Jelle <3).

Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter is a tough one.
Would it be possible to have Iron Man players only be given other Iron Man targets?
And to have Iron Man players only be able to savage other Iron Man players in the wilderness?

Maybe I've overlooked something, but I think these hurdles solve this particular conundrum.
Yes, new players could be 'given' items from other players... but really, that's possible in the main game too, and it's not ideal there either.
This way, the items 'given' will still have to be grinded under Iron Man conditions by someone, even if it's not the player receiving the items for free.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Amount wrote: Bounty Hunter
Would it be possible to have Iron Man players only be given other Iron Man targets?
And to have Iron Man players only be able to savage other Iron Man players in the wilderness?

Maybe I've overlooked something, but I think these hurdles solve this particular conundrum.
Yes, new players could be 'given' items from other players... but really, that's possible in the main game too, and it's not ideal there either.
This way, the items 'given' will still have to be grinded under Iron Man conditions by someone, even if it's not the player receiving the items for free.
Honestly, whether Ironman mode players would receive help from regular players, or from other Ironman mode players, remains the same thing. You're not supposed to be able to just transfer items from one Ironman mode account to another - that's not how it works.

That being said, I'm pretty sure it's best to not allow Ironman players to PK gear from anyone, regular player or not. As for Bounty Hunter, you're not PK'ing gear from them, you're just fighting 1v1 to obtain better emblems for better gear (and opponents often have good reason to not allow the other one to win). That's why I'm still undecided on BH.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:40 pm

Mike wrote:
Amount wrote: Bounty Hunter

Honestly, whether Ironman mode players would receive help from regular players, or from other Ironman mode players, remains the same thing. You're not supposed to be able to just transfer items from one Ironman mode account to another - that's not how it works.

That being said, I'm pretty sure it's best to not allow Ironman players to PK gear from anyone, regular player or not. As for Bounty Hunter, you're not PK'ing gear from them, you're just fighting 1v1 to obtain better emblems for better gear (and opponents often have good reason to not allow the other one to win). That's why I'm still undecided on BH.
If you're adamant on that, no Bounty Hunter is my vote.
If no items are being lost, people will 100000000000000% boost for emblems.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Amount wrote: If no items are being lost, people will 100000000000000% boost for emblems.
Actually, items can and will be lost. You just won't be able to pick them up, even if you killed the enemy yourself :P
So they'll just lay there for some noob to pick them up.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Ironman: Castle Wars & Bounty Hunter

Post by Rawr » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:54 am

They should be able to do Castle Wars, none of the rewards are OP anyway. I think there should be an activity timer; so they (or anyone else for that matter) cannot just AFK because that would mean they're just free-loading and not contributing yet still gaining rewards.

Bounty Hunter should be enabled, but only for specific rewards; imbued rings, god books, ring of vigour - basically all the ones that can only be obtained from Bounty Hunter.