Ironman: runes and bolts

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What to do with runes and bolts?

Allow ironman mode players to purchase all runes and bolts from the stores, without price change
18%
Allow ironman mode players to purchase all runes and bolts from the stores, but at 3x the normal price
15%
Allow ironman mode players to purchase all runes and bolts from the stores, but at 10x the normal price
5%
Don't allow ironman mode players to purchase either runes or bolts in the store (except astrals), but allow them to purchase gems and rune essence to make it themselves
38%
Same as above, but increase the prices for uncut gems and rune essence x10
7%
Don't allow ironman mode players to purchase runes (except astrals), bolts, uncut gems or rune essence
18%

Total votes: 61

Mike
Programmer

Ironman: runes and bolts

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Yet another poll in regards to ironman mode. Keep in mind: the end result as chosen by the community may not necessarily be our final decision. The reasoning behind a specific choice is also very important.

Note: this is in regards to runes and gems. No matter the outcome of this poll, I'll make sure thieving stalls give a lot more gems (of all types) and gem rocks in the crafting guild give a lot of good gems as well. Rune essence mining will also be added, where you can mine pure essence yourself which gives a lot more runes (and more XP) as an alternative to purchasing rune essence in the shop for runecrafting. So keep these in mind when voting on this poll.

So, people need ways to obtain runes for magic and bolts for ranged. Here, we have 4 choices:
> Allow ironman mode players to purchase all runes and bolts from the stores, without price change
> Allow ironman mode players to purchase all runes and bolts from the stores, but at an increased price (3x as expensive), so it's worth to make them yourself rather than just buying them
> Same as above, but 10x as expensive
> Don't allow ironman mode players to purchase either runes or bolts in the store (astral runes would be sold either way, since you can't make those), but allow them to purchase gems and rune essence to make it themselves. Prices remain unchanged
> Same as above, but increase the prices for uncut gems and rune essence x10
> Don't allow ironman mode players to purchase runes, bolts, uncut gems or rune essence (so they have to obtain it all manually by themselves)

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Ironman: runes and bolts

Post by Rawr » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Allow them to purchase them at increased prices and in limited quantities (5x price @ one tenth the quantity), and provide alternative methods of obtaining them that DO NOT necessarily require vast sums of cash.

I support the idea of having players obtain the items themselves but even on OSRS there is the alternative to buying many of the basics in shops (or from PVM drops). Also, if you plan on having players obtain the items themselves, what provisions will you make to ensure this is more accessible? As I highlighted in my other posts, gems will be the number one problem for Ironmen attempting to create enchanted bolts. Rune Essence is also a topic to discuss; you can only obtain it based on RNG from Essence Implings if it is removed from the store, so will you open up access to the RE Mine (deposit boxes already there, we literally just need a teleport). Are you able to outline what you intend to do to combat this issue, if that is the winning poll choice?

I don't want to vote until I know what will be done if these items are removed from shops (or at least limiting them). If nothing will be added to compensate, I don't want to vote to remove them.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Rawr wrote:Allow them to purchase them at increased prices and in limited quantities (5x price @ one tenth the quantity), and provide alternative methods of obtaining them that DO NOT necessarily require vast sums of cash.

I support the idea of having players obtain the items themselves but even on OSRS there is the alternative to buying many of the basics in shops (or from PVM drops). Also, if you plan on having players obtain the items themselves, what provisions will you make to ensure this is more accessible? As I highlighted in my other posts, gems will be the number one problem for Ironmen attempting to create enchanted bolts. Rune Essence is also a topic to discuss; you can only obtain it based on RNG from Essence Implings if it is removed from the store, so will you open up access to the RE Mine (deposit boxes already there, we literally just need a teleport). Are you able to outline what you intend to do to combat this issue, if that is the winning poll choice?

I don't want to vote until I know what will be done if these items are removed from shops (or at least limiting them). If nothing will be added to compensate, I don't want to vote to remove them.
Maybe you hadn't read my entire post, or maybe I wasn't clear enough:
Mike wrote:No matter the outcome of this poll, I'll make sure thieving stalls give a lot more gems (of all types) and gem rocks in the crafting guild give a lot of good gems as well. Rune essence mining will also be added, where you can mine pure essence yourself which gives a lot more runes (and more XP) as an alternative to purchasing rune essence in the shop for runecrafting.
Though if you think these are inadequate, feel free to suggest more alternatives. I'm honestly all for adding gems, runes, bolts and noted essence as a drop to a lot of monsters. I'm sure regular players will like that as well.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Nvm, I'm just incompetent and need to learn to not skim-read.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:17 pm

Mike wrote: Though if you think these are inadequate, feel free to suggest more alternatives. I'm honestly all for adding gems, runes, bolts and noted essence as a drop to a lot of monsters. I'm sure regular players will like that as well.
I'd like that

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Limited amount and more expensive in the shop. 3x sounds right.
Dont forget there is no other way to get pearl as well than the shops.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Y u no add in a way to the astral alter :yuno:

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 pm

just saying the last option would only work if they could mine the rune essence in which atm they cant

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Bzink00 wrote:just saying the last option would only work if they could mine the rune essence in which atm they cant
Please read before posting...

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Post count wrote:
Bzink00 wrote:just saying the last option would only work if they could mine the rune essence in which atm they cant
Please read before posting...
my bad i skimmed read