Ironman: runes and bolts

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What to do with runes and bolts?

Allow ironman mode players to purchase all runes and bolts from the stores, without price change
18%
Allow ironman mode players to purchase all runes and bolts from the stores, but at 3x the normal price
15%
Allow ironman mode players to purchase all runes and bolts from the stores, but at 10x the normal price
5%
Don't allow ironman mode players to purchase either runes or bolts in the store (except astrals), but allow them to purchase gems and rune essence to make it themselves
38%
Same as above, but increase the prices for uncut gems and rune essence x10
7%
Don't allow ironman mode players to purchase runes (except astrals), bolts, uncut gems or rune essence
18%

Total votes: 61

Amount
Premium Donator

Re: Ironman: runes and bolts

Post by Amount » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Nice to see the addition of mining pure essence and the ability to obtain all gems from thieving.
Are these changes we'll see in the main game too?
Mike wrote:> Allow ironman mode players to purchase all runes and bolts from the stores, but at an increased price (3x as expensive), so it's worth to make them yourself rather than just buying them
The main idea behind Iron Man is self-sufficiency.
Whichever way the cookie crumbles, players still need to farm GP under Iron Man conditions to be able to purchase items from stores.
And, let me remind you once again, actual GP may be harder to come by than you realise, for items cannot be flogged on the grand exchange for an inflated price - the alch price will be the guiding price on all items.

With that in mind, I think a 3x price increase sounds justified. 10x is a bit steep.

Removing the ability to purchase these items from the stores is, I feel, going too far.
Again, GP itself will still need to be farmed under Iron Man conditions, and having the ability to purchase these essentials is a convenience more so than an erosion of self-sufficiency.

Pajama treee

Post by Pajama treee » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:03 am

why not just put the 4 primary runes within a shop?

Honor cerb
Known Venturer

Post by Honor cerb » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:03 pm

I believe the name "ironman" says it all. They have to earn everything, nothing should be handed to them. The shops should not carry runes, bolts, or gems etc... Adding easier ways to obtain these items defeats the purpose of ironman mode in my opinion (It's just my opinion :P ).

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:08 pm

Honor cerb wrote:I believe the name "ironman" says it all. They have to earn everything, nothing should be handed to them. The shops should not carry runes, bolts, or gems etc... Adding easier ways to obtain these items defeats the purpose of ironman mode in my opinion (It's just my opinion :P ).
Bro, this poll has already been decided :P