Slayer helmet bonus scaling with streak

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Make slayer helmet's bonus scale with slayer streak?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Yes, make it scale 1 streak = +1% (capped at +15%)
60%
No, leave everything the way it is
35%
No, leave the helmet the way it is but disable the helmet bonus on NPC's that have an ongoing event
5%

Total votes: 40

Mike
Programmer

Slayer helmet bonus scaling with streak

Post by Mike » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:38 pm

I know this might be rather unpopular for some players (especially those who benefit from how it currently works), but we'd like to change the way the slayer helmet works. Unlike most polls, the end result on this poll will not decide whether we're going to change it or leave it the same, but it will give us an idea of how much support there is. Making a good case for your choice (why you voted yes or not) is at least as important as the vote itself.

So far, resetting a slayer task has almost no downsides. As such, during an NPC event some players simply get a task assigned, reset their task and repeat this process indefinitely until they get the event NPC as slayer task. This way, they can benefit from the +15% accuracy and damage bonus from the event and outhit all other players to get the most loot.
To counter this, B0rnt0b3pk had the idea of making your slayer helmet bonus scale with your slayer streak. As in: at 0 streak, you get no bonus from the helm, at 1, you get +1% etc until you reach the 15% bonus damage cap. This way, players would have a good reason for not reseting their task (but if they choose to reset it, it's not the end of the world) and nobody would be able to abuse the slayer helmet during NPC events to get all the drops. Not to mention that the slayer helmet is very easy to obtain and tradeable, so adding slayer streaks for the bonus damage is an added 'effort' to make the helmet a worthy piece of equipment.

Most members of the Game Quality Committee and myself agree to this change, so now we're just bring it to the community for a final verdict (again, the poll result will not necessarily decide the outcome).

Please note: the slayer helmet (i) item was added in the client in the last update, so this one will be introduced as an 'upgraded' slayer helmet in the near future (with some added bonuses). Just an FYI.

Rwter
Honor Player

Re: Slayer helmet bonus scaling with streak

Post by Rwter » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:44 pm

No thanks, just lose 500 slayer points every time you reset.

Nick
Honor Player

Post by Nick » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Kishan wrote:No thanks, just lose 500 slayer points every time you reset.
So that you could abuse and outhit ppl wif better gear who deserves the kill more than you?
Bill Gates wrote:“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Nick wrote:
Kishan wrote:No thanks, just lose 500 slayer points every time you reset.
So that you could abuse and outhit ppl wif better gear who deserves the kill more than you?
They won't have better gear and they don't deserve the kill anymore than I do lol

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Then you would reach the max in just 15 tasks? Some tasks are quite short and easy? Or does this apply to Hard Tasks+ only?

Otherwise I would say every 2 slayer tasks you get a +1% on your Slayer Helmet. I like the idea of it tho =]

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:49 pm

This is a needed update. Sick of seeing people reseting task till they get what they want because of the slayer helm stats. This is especially noticeable during server events and it basically kills the competition.
ImageImage

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:52 pm

The only way to be fair is option A.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Rick wrote:Then you would reach the max in just 15 tasks? Some tasks are quite short and easy? Or does this apply to Hard Tasks+ only?

Otherwise I would say every 2 slayer tasks you get a +1% on your Slayer Helmet. I like the idea of it tho =]
This is the only reason why I would be against this idea. You can easily do 15 easy tasks. Won't take you too long. If you get the task you want you can extend it, having to kill 40 corps takes some while. It might still be benefitable for somebody to abuse it in this way. Although it does make it a bit harder.
I don't know why people should be able to reset their task so often though. You can already block tasks, why would you want to reset your task? I mean give us the ability to reset once until you've finished a task.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Make it scale up to 20% then, so there's some tradeoff for the nerf.

Nick
Honor Player

Post by Nick » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Sverre wrote:
Rick wrote:Then you would reach the max in just 15 tasks? Some tasks are quite short and easy? Or does this apply to Hard Tasks+ only?

This is the only reason why I would be against this idea. You can easily do 15 easy tasks. Won't take you too long. If you get the task you want you can extend it, having to kill 40 corps takes some while. It might still be benefitable for somebody to abuse it in this way. Although it does make it a bit harder.
I don't know why people should be able to reset their task so often though. You can already block tasks, why would you want to reset your task? I mean give us the ability to reset once until you've finished a task.
If I'm not wrong, no streak is awarded for easy tasks...
Bill Gates wrote:“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”