Ironman in the wilderness

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should ironman mode players be able to attack others in wild?

Yes, allow them to attack and kill others, but the loot vanishes
29%
Yes, allow them to attack and kill others, but they cannot pick up the loot (other players can pick up the loot, however)
47%
No, don't allow them to attack others at all
24%

Total votes: 62

Mike
Programmer

Ironman in the wilderness

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Quite simple (I don't know how it works in RS), should ironman mode players be able to attack other players in the wilderness?

One thing that's for sure: other players will be able to attack ironman mode players in the wilderness (otherwise it would just be way too easy).
Also, even if you could attack others, you wouldn't gain any XP or PkPoints for it (except maybe the base XP for magic spells).

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: Ironman in the wilderness

Post by Azu rite » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:20 pm

They can pk on rs but can't loot the items

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Azu rite wrote:They can pk on rs but can't loot the items
Makes sense, that's also my initial thought on how to implement it. However, the question is then: does the loot completely disappear or can other players pick up the loot?

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Other players can loot it

Subnet
Premium Donator

Post by Subnet » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:26 pm

They can pk but can't loot

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Not sure if they get XP, but they don't get loot. The loot appears to everyone after a set time though. If you could prevent it appearing to the person who killed them though that would be great; else people may just try PKing ironmen knowing that even if they die they can get all their stuff back. I'd prefer it just totally disappeared though ;)

Might be worth at least letting ironmen get PKP from the kills (as you get from anyone). That should be polled first.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Rawr wrote:Not sure if they get XP, but they don't get loot. The loot appears to everyone after a set time though. If you could prevent it appearing to the person who killed them though that would be great; else people may just try PKing ironmen knowing that even if they die they can get all their stuff back. I'd prefer it just totally disappeared though ;)

Might be worth at least letting ironmen get PKP from the kills (as you get from anyone). That should be polled first.
iron man should only be able to pk other ironmans in an ironman world

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Brantb wrote:
Rawr wrote:Not sure if they get XP, but they don't get loot. The loot appears to everyone after a set time though. If you could prevent it appearing to the person who killed them though that would be great; else people may just try PKing ironmen knowing that even if they die they can get all their stuff back. I'd prefer it just totally disappeared though ;)

iron man should only be able to pk other ironmans in an ironman world
No. That makes no sense. It makes it extremely safe for ironmen in the Wilderness as they gain nothing from killing each other.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Well, at least bh should work properly.
Getting the loot will cause too much abuse, so definetly not that. Otherwise they can still transfer skill supplies.
The one who got killed will know the exact spot he died because of brawlers or capes or something. Would be stupid if they could loot their stuff back.
I think I would go for give them pkp (and bh points) but let the loot vanish.
Last edited by Ruler on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:42 pm

If an Ironman kills a normal player the items should just be removed from the game completely providing a nifty little item sink.

Also add a command such as ::ironpk that shows the total (high alch value) wealth they've pked as an inventive for Ironman accounts to pk.