Should potions delay attacks?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should drinking a potion delay attacks?

Yes, leave the delay the same as it is now
15%
Yes, but decrease the delay
6%
No, remove the delay altogether
80%

Total votes: 88

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Should potions delay attacks?

Post by Rawr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:24 am

Blahblahdie wrote:There should only be this scenario honestly;
- 1 food : 1 sip (meaning you can only sip once per food delay. Otherwise, with no delay, someone can just rapid click a full brew to survive.

And

2:1 sip ( meaning you can sip a pot 2 times in the time it takes you to eat a food and sip a pot).
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mike needs to make sure that although a potion won't delay your other actions, it DOES have a delay for other potions. In fact, I believe on 07 if you drink a potion FIRST you can't even then eat in the same tick either (don't quote me on that I haven't ever checked it I just think I remember it happening once or twice).

Basically, as Brandon said: potions don't delay your other actions but there is a delay on when you can next drink another potion.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:26 am

Deadlypking wrote:Are we now trying to justify our arguments by propounding the belief that Runescape is flawless? I speak to Errobbie and Post Count when I say that my point has successfully been eluded. Not even the antiquated and most rudimentary fragment of Runescape is perfect, nor is its most enhanced and renovated offspring, and nor will it ever be. Runescape is not exactly like the constitution, mind you; and hence, libertarianism, not a philosophy for idiots.
The detriment to be instigated upon the removal of the attack delay when the player consumes a potion is profound; what we will essentially sacrifice in accepting this new legislature is nearly all the strategy involved in a one-on-one player duel. It will become a mindless activity, for mindless people; and for what purpose? Because it sounds like a luxury? Because it sounds helpful?
None of the (currently) twenty-four players who cast their vote for it to be removed have been seen in the wilderness for ages and probably have never set foot inside it for the purpose of vanquishing others, where it becomes a much more imperative matter and takes precedent over the inconvenience concomitant with slaying the Barrelchest family, or Bandos and his cohorts.
I think the decision should be reserved for the PKers alone (the people who the revision will impact the most); then, perhaps, we might achieve a different result, and a much more beneficial one.
Well, considering Mike has made the combat system to be as identical as he could possibly make it to the Oldschool RuneScape combat system, I'd say he's done a terrible job. Most of us would like the combat system to be similar, if not identical, to Oldschool RuneScape's as it's currently exponentially better than PkHonor's.
And if you actually PKed, you'd understand why it would be well received amongst the PKers as there is a longer delay after drinking a potion than there is after eating a piece of food. I also don't understand why only PKers should have a say in this as it effects the entire combat system, not just PvP.
Image Image

Deadlypking
Known Venturer

Post by Deadlypking » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:31 am

Errobbie wrote:Well, considering Mike has made the combat system to be as identical as he could possibly make it to the Oldschool RuneScape combat system, I'd say he's done a terrible job. Most of us would like the combat system to be similar, if not identical, to Oldschool RuneScape's as it's currently exponentially better than PkHonor's.
Which I addressed in my post, if you had actually bothered to read it.
Errobbie wrote:And if you actually PKed, you'd understand why it would be well received amongst the PKers as there is a longer delay after drinking a potion than there is after eating a piece of food.
That neither collaborates your claim, nor demolishes my own; it sounds more or less like you're in favour of simply decreasing the delay, not removing it altogether.
Errobbie wrote:I also don't understand why only PKers should have a say in this as it effects the entire combat system, not just PvP.
Which I also addressed in the post you haven't read.

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:34 am

Deadlypking wrote: None of the (currently) twenty-four players who cast their vote for it to be removed have been seen in the wilderness for ages
I've pked 11 sets of bandos today; what the fuck are you talking about?

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 am

@Deadly, you clearly aren't a PKer. Potions having no delay actually adds a new dynamic to the scene; drinking to hide your weapon switch. On top of that, it makes fights, especially in deep wild where people bring brews, significantly more fluid and rapid, whereas now they're heavily limited because of the frequent stutters from eating/drinking. This change is undoubtedly for the good of the game.

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:39 am

Rawr wrote:@Deadly, you clearly aren't a PKer. Potions having no delay actually adds a new dynamic to the scene; drinking to hide your weapon switch. On top of that, it makes fights, especially in deep wild where people bring brews, significantly more fluid and rapid, whereas now they're heavily limited because of the frequent stutters from eating/drinking. This change is undoubtedly for the good of the game.
PPot delays are the fucking worst when you could be speccing

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:41 am

Billz gates wrote:
Rawr wrote:@Deadly, you clearly aren't a PKer. Potions having no delay actually adds a new dynamic to the scene; drinking to hide your weapon switch. On top of that, it makes fights, especially in deep wild where people bring brews, significantly more fluid and rapid, whereas now they're heavily limited because of the frequent stutters from eating/drinking. This change is undoubtedly for the good of the game.
PPot delays are the fucking worst when you could be speccing
Ever tried deep wild bridding? You have to spam brews and waste about ten seconds and safe just to get back into the fight. Completely kills it.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:42 am

Deadlypking wrote:
Errobbie wrote:Well, considering Mike has made the combat system to be as identical as he could possibly make it to the Oldschool RuneScape combat system, I'd say he's done a terrible job. Most of us would like the combat system to be similar, if not identical, to Oldschool RuneScape's as it's currently exponentially better than PkHonor's.
Which I addressed in my post, if you had actually bothered to read it.
I read it, but it seems as if you're just continually posting to flaunt you linguistic capabilities.
Deadlypking wrote:
Errobbie wrote:And if you actually PKed, you'd understand why it would be well received amongst the PKers as there is a longer delay after drinking a potion than there is after eating a piece of food.
That neither collaborates your claim, nor demolishes my own; it sounds more or less like you're in favour of simply decreasing the delay, not removing it altogether.
I am in favour of decreasing the delay, it seems to me that you expect there to be literally no delay whatsoever, but there is obviously meant to be a short delay between drinking a potion and then attacking.
Deadlypking wrote:
Errobbie wrote:I also don't understand why only PKers should have a say in this as it effects the entire combat system, not just PvP.
Which I also addressed in the post you haven't read.
I read the post, I just have no idea why you put it there.
Image Image

Deadlypking
Known Venturer

Post by Deadlypking » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:47 am

Errobbie wrote:I am in favour of decreasing the delay, it seems to me that you expect there to be literally no delay but there is obviously meant to be a short delay between drinking a potion and then attacking
DeadlyPking wrote:It is my conviction that players should be punished for imbibing a potion during combat. A super prayer potion can be just as helpful, if not more so, than a piece of food, and should be treated accordingly.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:50 am

Deadlypking wrote:
Errobbie wrote:I am in favour of decreasing the delay, it seems to me that you expect there to be literally no delay but there is obviously meant to be a short delay between drinking a potion and then attacking
DeadlyPking wrote:It is my conviction that players should be punished for imbibing a potion during combat. A super prayer potion can be just as helpful, if not more so, than a piece of food, and should be treated accordingly.
You don't PK since I've never seen you in the wilderness.

Yes, prayer potions are important but I like my fights to flow so I vote against a delay.

Also, what'll happen when multiple potions are consumed? I.e. Brews after an ovl. Surely there should be some sort of delay then?