Should potions delay attacks?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should drinking a potion delay attacks?

Yes, leave the delay the same as it is now
15%
Yes, but decrease the delay
6%
No, remove the delay altogether
80%

Total votes: 88

Rwter
Honor Player

Re: Should potions delay attacks?

Post by Rwter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:53 pm

I think that we've come to a decision???

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:50 pm

There should only be this scenario honestly;
- 1 food : 1 sip (meaning you can only sip once per food delay. Otherwise, with no delay, someone can just rapid click a full brew to survive.

And

2:1 sip ( meaning you can sip a pot 2 times in the time it takes you to eat a food and sip a pot).

Deadlypking
Known Venturer

Post by Deadlypking » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:52 pm

It is my conviction that players should be punished for imbibing a potion during combat. A super prayer potion can be just as helpful, if not more so, than a piece of food, and should be treated accordingly.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Deadlypking wrote:It is my conviction that players should be punished for imbibing a potion during combat. A super prayer potion can be just as helpful, if not more so, than a piece of food, and should be treated accordingly.
But that's not how it's meant to be.
Image Image

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:58 pm

Boston bruin wrote:Who're the 2 Dingbats who chose the first option?
Non pkers/trolls

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:58 pm

Post count wrote:
Boston bruin wrote:Who're the 2 Dingbats who chose the first option?
Non pkers/trolls
Enough for Mike to not fix it though ;)
Image Image

Deadlypking
Known Venturer

Post by Deadlypking » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:00 am

Errobbie wrote:
Deadlypking wrote:It is my conviction that players should be punished for imbibing a potion during combat. A super prayer potion can be just as helpful, if not more so, than a piece of food, and should be treated accordingly.
What are you talking about?

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:01 am

Deadlypking wrote:
Errobbie wrote:
On rs one could sip a few doses of potions before being delayed whilst in combat

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:02 am

Deadlypking wrote:
Errobbie wrote:
There isn't meant to be a delay, like eating a piece of food, after drinking from a potion.
Image Image

Deadlypking
Known Venturer

Post by Deadlypking » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:15 am

Are we now trying to justify our arguments by propounding the belief that Runescape is flawless? I speak to Errobbie and Post Count when I say that my point has successfully been eluded. Not even the antiquated and most rudimentary fragment of Runescape is perfect, nor is its most enhanced and renovated offspring, and nor will it ever be. Runescape is not exactly like the constitution, mind you; and hence, libertarianism, not a philosophy for idiots.
The detriment to be instigated upon the removal of the attack delay when the player consumes a potion is profound; what we will essentially sacrifice in accepting this new legislature is nearly all the strategy involved in a one-on-one player duel. It will become a mindless activity, for mindless people; and for what purpose? Because it sounds like a luxury? Because it sounds helpful?
None of the (currently) twenty-four players who cast their vote for it to be removed have been seen in the wilderness for ages and probably have never set foot inside it for the purpose of vanquishing others, where it becomes a much more imperative matter and takes precedent over the minor inconvenience concomitant with slaying the Barrelchest family, or Bandos and his cohorts.
I think the decision should be reserved for the PKers alone--the people who the revision will impact the most--then, perhaps, we might achieve a different result, and a much more beneficial and rational one.