Change in points system [ SUGGEST ]

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Do you like the suggestions?

Yes to all of them
30%
Yes to some
42%
Do not like them
27%

Total votes: 92

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Change in points system [ SUGGEST ]

Post by Rawr » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:50 am

Oozes wrote:Divinity, people will bot not matter what the staff decides to do. The only thing that would change bots are random events. I suggested a few random events, but the community obviously doesn't want any more than we have now (See my suggestion here).

As for people AFKing for points, I'm assuming that the programmers will be able to integrate a system to prevent AFKing from accumulating points. You are technically not active while AFKing anyways.
You can't. If my autoclickers stops me going AFK, they couldn't prove I'm not there. And they can hardly ban/punish me for doing literally nothing.

Random Events are useless IMO. Bob's catches most auto-ers, and if the person is using a bot, you would think them not stupid enough to forget to add in Bob's to it.

Therefore, adding more events are pointless, it will only delay actual bots until they can be updated, for everyone else, they get caught without them.

OT: The point system, as suggested, is unneeded. Keeping it how it is sounds like a better idea, but with the addition of Slayer Points.

Thunt
Wise One

Post by Thunt » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Oozes wrote:Divinity, people will bot not matter what the staff decides to do. The only thing that would change bots are random events. I suggested a few random events, but the community obviously doesn't want any more than we have now (See my suggestion here).

As for people AFKing for points, I'm assuming that the programmers will be able to integrate a system to prevent AFKing from accumulating points. You are technically not active while AFKing anyways.

People will bot more, for more points.

People will autoclick to walk around for points.
I'm an individual, yeah, but I'm part of a movement.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 pm

A good idea I've seen before for points was that every 30 minutes you're active online, you recieve x amount of points, and it builds up.
So at 30 minutes actively playing, you get 25 points, then at 60 minutes you get 35 points, then at 90 minutes you get 50 points, and it just builds up. Although to avoid just afk'ing over night and farming points, you'd have to be out of the chair to get these points.
Idk, just a system I've seen used, seemed pretty good too.

EDIT: Silly me.... I only read the first 2 pages then posted :\

Skiller fab
Wise One

Post by Skiller fab » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 pm

I dotn get it so u need to be active to buy stuff and no pk points anymore?

Achievements

See how Adam get unbanned [ ]
See how Dreamz get cleaned [ ]

RIP HAMADE 2013 29 August.:(

Hamade
Founder

Post by Hamade » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Kory pk wrote:A good idea I've seen before for points was that every 30 minutes you're active online, you recieve x amount of points, and it builds up.
So at 30 minutes actively playing, you get 25 points, then at 60 minutes you get 35 points, then at 90 minutes you get 50 points, and it just builds up. Although to avoid just afk'ing over night and farming points, you'd have to be out of the chair to get these points.

Thats pretty much how it is silly ;). However there will be more indicators of what exactly is considered active. auto-clicking a tree? There will be anti-bot and anti-afk measures to make sure that the true benefits are given to the ones who really deserve it.
I am Hamade. Find me in the Intelligent Debate section attempting to harvest some intelligence.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Hamade wrote:
Kory pk wrote:A good idea I've seen before for points was that every 30 minutes you're active online, you recieve x amount of points, and it builds up.

Thats pretty much how it is silly ;). However there will be more indicators of what exactly is considered active. auto-clicking a tree? There will be anti-bot and anti-afk measures to make sure that the true benefits are given to the ones who really deserve it.
I can set up a autoclicker so I never move nor go afk

Hamade
Founder

Post by Hamade » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Azu.. we'll take that into consideration. No question about it -.-
I am Hamade. Find me in the Intelligent Debate section attempting to harvest some intelligence.

Sin dycate
Known Venturer

Post by Sin dycate » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:41 pm

I literally Earned over 1.5k Pkp yesterday.
All I did was Wyrm and woodcut.
I think Woodcutting should have a decrease because it's kinda ridiculous.
Overall, I think the suggestions are worth it.
If our love's insanity, Why are you my Clarity?

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Hamade wrote:Azu.. we'll take that into consideration. No question about it -.-
You can set up an automator to cut trees, fish, train pretty much every skill for you. Think about it however you may, but it won't prevent it.

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:39 pm

I personly dOnt pk so making points obinable only through pking would make obining chaotics avas vesta etc would make It very hard to get
U will no longer see skillers