Change in points system [ SUGGEST ]

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Do you like the suggestions?

Yes to all of them
30%
Yes to some
42%
Do not like them
27%

Total votes: 92

Thunt
Wise One

Re: Change in points system [ SUGGEST ]

Post by Thunt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Don't try to fix something that isn't broke.
I'm an individual, yeah, but I'm part of a movement.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Hamade wrote:
Sick ownage wrote:Hamadé, remember the list I sent you once regards the shops? First implent some of those suggestions, then when that is done, move the store as you plan, and add a new premium store. I think that would be the best option for now, if that's what you want to do.

Can you resend it please? My pms are messed :/
You can always look at my thread.

Not sure if I support this or not

Justin
Champion

Post by Justin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 pm

The divinity wrote:Don't try to fix something that isn't broke.
What's up with you and your stupid replies?
Ever heard of something called an "improvement"?

On topic, these "activity points" will be obtained how exactly? If it's based on the amount of time you're logged in, you can just afk all day.

Hamade
Founder

Post by Hamade » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:07 am

Ofc not Justin! It will be calculated by your activity during the day, that includes skulking (how pkp are obtained today), voting, playing, mini games and even socializing.
I am Hamade. Find me in the Intelligent Debate section attempting to harvest some intelligence.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 am

Why would you give points for talking?

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:38 am

Hamade wrote:Ofc not Justin! It will be calculated by your activity during the day, that includes skulking (how pkp are obtained today), voting, playing, mini games and even socializing.
So if I set up an auto-clicker on the corner of the world, cutting a tree, whilst spamming nonsense, I will get a ton? Awesome. Oh wait, mini games too? Guess I'd better go use an Automator to do all the above but swap out a tree for Clan Wars/Zombie Minigame/Fight Pits ;)

I really don't like the idea of activity points. Please don't implement them. We don't need more point systems, except for Slayer Points.

Subtle
Premium Donator

Post by Subtle » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:02 am

I don't know if this has been suggested, as I don't exactly have time to read all the replies, but I support this idea.

The only question I have are the following:

- What happens to the pure items
- will pkers have a starter pker kit, since most items in the pker store are for pkers,.how will one.be able to pker in the first place without access to the said pker items.
- would you think about adding 'hourly' activities into the reward system? (e.g. after 100 hours played, 250, 500 1k etc)
I humbly invite you to join me on my proverbial beach chair

Pkingidiots
Premium Donator

Post by Pkingidiots » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:05 am

What about chaotics, people don't just pk with them. In fact I have hardly seen people pk with chaotics if they can afford a custom whip. This would force people to do ww or to pk for chaotic weapons.
;Derp

Dead newb
Forum Addict

Post by Dead newb » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:11 am

I'm not for Yes and I'm not for No on the PKP suggestion, but if you make it strictly for Pking and you make activity points. What happens to the people who are maxed? Do they lose the points the would have earned for getting the 99's, let alone anyone else who has gotten levels or 99's. I do agree that they amount of PKP you get for killing someone in the wild should be altered so that you get more for killing someone.

Thanks,
-Dead newb
Come hang out and listen to music! http://plug.dj/pkhonor/

Hamade
Founder

Post by Hamade » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:57 am

Fetish wrote:I don't know if this has been suggested, as I don't exactly have time to read all the replies, but I support this idea.

The only question I have are the following:

- What happens to the pure items
- will pkers have a starter pker kit, since most items in the pker store are for pkers,.how will one.be able to pker in the first place without access to the said pker items.
- would you think about adding 'hourly' activities into the reward system? (e.g. after 100 hours played, 250, 500 1k etc)

1- what happens to the pure items: What pure items are you refering to? I want to try my best to encourage pure activity in the wilderness.

2- Pkers starter kit? I do not think all pking items are in the pking store. Many can be bought from the G.E... its just that another type of items are available in the pk store. So ofc, there will be other items available around the server (without having to buy it from the store).

3- Yes, making sure they dont get abused tho.
I am Hamade. Find me in the Intelligent Debate section attempting to harvest some intelligence.