Should a Slayer Point system be introduced?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should a slayer point system be added?

Yes, add it
96%
No, don't add it
1%
I don't care either way
3%

Total votes: 128

Chaos1

Re: Should a Slayer Point system be introduced?

Post by Chaos1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:55 pm

Adding the actaul affects of slayer gives it a whole new meaning and experince to enjoy imo.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Vcom wrote:do you understand by adding this you will completely ruin the community, they will be in their own house to skill all day..
Only a few skills will be better when done in a player-owned house. And as soon as you obtained the brawler gloves, you'll be able to gain the extra xp from anywhere, so then people can then go to the same place to skill together.

However, you do present a good point: every player who is in a player-owned house is one less player out in the world. And if there are only few players online at that time, the server might look like a deserted place. It's something I hadn't thought of and something I will definitely take into account.

However, if the server were to become much more popular (because, you know, we have construction n all ^^) and theres 500+ players, then it will actually be a good thing if more people are in a POH - it means less areas that are really crowded and less lag for the people in those areas.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Mike wrote:
Vcom wrote:do you understand by adding this you will completely ruin the community, they will be in their own house to skill all day..
Only a few skills will be better when done in a player-owned house. And as soon as you obtained the brawler gloves, you'll be able to gain the extra xp from anywhere, so then people can then go to the same place to skill together.

However, you do present a good point: every player who is in a player-owned house is one less player out in the world. And if there are only few players online at that time, the server might look like a deserted place. It's something I hadn't thought of and something I will definitely take into account.

However, if the server were to become much more popular (because, you know, we have construction n all ^^) and theres 500+ players, then it will actually be a good thing if more people are in a POH - it means less areas that are really crowded and less lag for the people in those areas.
i understand. but reaching 500 back will be a long way again.
maybe att the fun tab suggestion where you can see the players online so a new player can see how many actually are online and an option how many players are in their houses
so they know that to that they wont see so much people

Just a tought.

Moookymoo
Premium Donator

Post by Moookymoo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Good idea.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:30 am

Mike wrote:
Justin wrote:Really depends on what kind of items would be available in said shops.
Items that aren't available in any other way. Probably items that are somewhat similar to what you'd find in the PkHonor point shop, which are useful in pVm or pVp. In a client update several months ago, hundreds of items were added to the game but none of them were given any use yet (apart from a few items that were used in hunter).
A few things I have in mind:
-> An 'ornamental kit', which can be used to turn an amulet of fury into an amulet of fury (or). Maybe this can give a slight bonus to some stats.
-> The phoenix necklace (unless we would add it as a monster drop)

I'll think of some others. Feel free to give your opinion on this.

Danny13oy wrote:Yes. Along with boss tasks...? :D

I really hope this gets implemented, a slayer revamp would be brillaint. Go Mike!
It's one of the things I have planned when I will rework the slayer skill. I've postponed that for way too long now.
Or maybe I did it just to troll rick <3
Considering that pheonix necklaces get destroyed, they should be coded correctly and have skillers sell them. Skillers have no ways of making money.

As for rewards...

-A ring of slayer . You can designate a certain slayer monster to teleport to and when you active the ring, you teleport to it. It has 50 charges and to recharge it, you'd have to spend 50% of the initial cost.

-The ability to block out tasks

-An upgraded slayer helmet with 5% more damage.

-Void deflector/elite void

-Possibly the Glacor boots?

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:40 am

Vcom wrote:
Mike wrote:
Danny13oy wrote: Brawling Gloves, access to Frost Dragons, things like that? *I'd rather these be Donor though ;)
Frost dragons will probably be donator-only. As for Brawling gloves, I'd like to use those for the construction skill. Below is what I'd like to use them for:

In a player-owned house, you will receive more xp (and pkhonor points) when skilling, based on the furniture you have. For example, having a better cooking range will result in more cooking xp, having a better altar results in better prayer xp etc... however, offering bones on the alter in another person's house will not result in better xp, since everyone would then be able to get more xp while not spending any money on construction.

As soon as you built the best possible cooking range, you'll receive brawling gloves (cooking). As soon as you built the best altar, you'll receive brawling gloves (prayer) etc..
If you then equip the brawling gloves (cooking) while cooking on ANY range (whether it's in your house, someone else's house or anywhere else), you will receive the maximum xp bonus as if you were cooking on the highest level coking range in your own house.

It's just an idea I have though..
do you understand by adding this you will completely ruin the community, they will be in their own house to skill all day..

Finally, an escape from reality. <3

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 am

E fucking h wrote: Finally, an escape from reality. <3
This was just what I was thinking, LOL.
There is only one.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Simon wrote: Considering that pheonix necklaces get destroyed, they should be coded correctly and have skillers sell them. Skillers have no ways of making money.

As for rewards...

-A ring of slayer . You can designate a certain slayer monster to teleport to and when you active the ring, you teleport to it. It has 50 charges and to recharge it, you'd have to spend 50% of the initial cost.

Those are actually great suggestions.
However, I would not put Glacor boots and void gear in it. Glacor boots will only be obtainable through the monster glacor (it's in the server, but the boots are bugged and we can't release them until they're fixed).
As for void deflector and elite void, I would prefer to sell them in the pest control shop instead and sell it only to those who have completed the pest invasion quest.

I think we could also sell an item that grants you the ability to double the amount of PkHonor points you receive for killing NPC's, along with some decent equipment.

Subtle
Premium Donator

Post by Subtle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Mike wrote:

Why not make it so that you can skill in your house for a certain amount of exp/time frame daily? Or even have it so that there has to be one person at each skilling station to be able to use the player owned house skilling option....
Mike wrote:
Simon wrote: Considering that pheonix necklaces get destroyed, they should be coded correctly and have skillers sell them. Skillers have no ways of making money.

As for rewards...

However, I would not put Glacor boots and void gear in it. Glacor boots will only be obtainable through the monster glacor (it's in the server, but the boots are bugged and we can't release them until they're fixed).
As for void deflector and elite void, I would prefer to sell them in the pest control shop instead and sell it only to those who have completed the pest invasion quest.

I think we could also sell an item that grants you the ability to double the amount of PkHonor points you receive for killing NPC's, along with some decent equipment.
Maybe before thinking about introducing an item that grants the individual an additional sum of pkp when killing NPC's, why not make the Sayer Staff worth using too? (Or combining both ideas into the one) :s I don't know.
I humbly invite you to join me on my proverbial beach chair

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Mike wrote:

As for rewards...

How about unlocking the ability to kill glacors?