HP boosting armour in the wilderness

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Changes to the Nex/3rd age druidic gear:

Leave everything the way it is
9%
Keep the HP boost in wild
9%
Remove the HP boost in wild (but still allow a one-time HP boost upon entering the wild)
8%
Remove the HP boost in wild (and lower HP level when entering the wilderness if more than 109)
7%
Don't add a prayer bonus to the items
3%
Add a prayer bonus to the items
20%
Don't give accuracy bonus for Nex sets when wearing a whole set
5%
Add accuracy bonus for Nex sets when wearing a whole set
20%
Don't add herblore bonuses to 3rd age duidic
2%
Add herblore bonuses to 3rd age druidic
17%

Total votes: 138

Mike
Programmer

Re: HP boosting armour in the wilderness

Post by Mike » Wed May 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Sick ownage wrote: One more thing, I do not think an accuracy boost to the sets are nessecary, if you were to remove the HP advantage of multiple reasons. They are still one of the best items respectivly (without the Druidic triumphing Virtus), they are still powered with massive defence and offense ability. Torva has godlike defence compared to Bandos. Same with Pernix compared to Armadyl, and Ahrims compared to Virtus. So they still have this ability of outhitting you opponent, but in a less safe way than it currently is.
The sets may have more power than their respective Barrows counterparts, but the Barrows sets still give a set effect when used (some more useful than others), especially the Dharoks set. I just think it's a little strange that a full Nex set shouldn't offer any kind of extra bonus.

Boise state
Premium Donator

Post by Boise state » Wed May 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Mike wrote: I just think it's a little strange that a full Nex set shouldn't offer any kind of extra bonus.
This.

Brandt
Premium Donator

Post by Brandt » Wed May 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Not too sure if I'm in support of this. It would be nice, but at the same time I kinda favor originality.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed May 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Mike wrote:
Sick ownage wrote: One more thing, I do not think an accuracy boost to the sets are nessecary, if you were to remove the HP advantage of multiple reasons. They are still one of the best items respectivly (without the Druidic triumphing Virtus), they are still powered with massive defence and offense ability. Torva has godlike defence compared to Bandos. Same with Pernix compared to Armadyl, and Ahrims compared to Virtus. So they still have this ability of outhitting you opponent, but in a less safe way than it currently is.
The sets may have more power than their respective Barrows counterparts, but the Barrows sets still give a set effect when used (some more useful than others), especially the Dharoks set. I just think it's a little strange that a full Nex set shouldn't offer any kind of extra bonus.
DH has always been High risk vs High reward. The thing with DH is the lower hp you get, the chance of more of a damage output. However Pernix, Torva and Virtus has better defence and attack bonuses. Pernix with the three parts has +77 range with better defence bonuses, compared to full Armadyl set with 63+ range and worse defence bonuses. For Torva goes the same, if you only use Torva platebody and platelegs compared to Bandos platebody and platelegs. The defence on Torva (top and legs) is insane compared to anyother melee sets, having 80+ on more defensive bonuses than Bandos. Same goes along with Virtus. You already have the better attack and defence bonuses than ahrim, and I mean that's really enough. Better defence and attack bonsues = better items = more chance of winning a fight in theory. The HP boost is just plain pain in the ass and made the unfair advantage. 10% more accuracy is like removing the HP boost and higher the ability to hit successfully, wich kinda serves the same purpose, wich is eating less and be safer when "ragging", especially if we're talking about Virtus or Druidic.
ImageImage

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed May 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Please don't ruin this with an accuracy buff.

Figures people want an accuracy buff -.-

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed May 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Even if it gets changed, it is most of the time still not worth fighting such person. Yes, it will probably make it harder to rag, but even if you are able to kill someone in nex armour, the reward is still shit. The rewards for killing someone in nex armour should be better. I still like the idea of having a chance to get a piece as drop, say 5%.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed May 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Sverre wrote:Even if it gets changed, it is most of the time still not worth fighting such person. Yes, it will probably make it harder to rag, but even if you are able to kill someone in nex armour, the reward is still shit. The rewards for killing someone in nex armour should be better. I still like the idea of having a chance to get a piece as drop, say 5%.
Would be even more pointless if they got a buff

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed May 13, 2015 10:11 pm

I think you should retain 20% of the boost during PVP in the Wilderness. It would still make it potentially worthwhile but it wouldn't make it nearly as OP as it currently is. It would be a fair balance between the two.

As for people thinking Nex gear (and 3a Druidic) should have a bonus, you have to remember that it already has extremely high defensive stats and it will still retain the full HP boost when not participating in PVP activities. This wouldn't suddenly make it useless, it would just make the Wilderness a fairer playing field for everyone.

Whatever Mike does, he cannot provide an accuracy / damage boost. Castle Wars armours have an accuracy boost and they're still shit; no need to devalue them even more by adding the same bonus to something else. There's also no need to add a damage boost; 3a Druidic already has this and it's OP as hell. They don't need any more bonuses.

Torey lanez
Wise One

Post by Torey lanez » Wed May 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Sick ownage wrote:I am all in for the removal og HP boost of Nex sets and Druidic sets for multiple reasons. Ragging wouldn't so "safe" anymore without having the great all time Hitpoints being so high. How so? Because you can actually have a chance at fighting them and killing them, eventho they're stil using divine, but it would be much easier, and it wouldn't be as risk free as it currently is.

One more thing, I do not think an accuracy boost to the sets are nessecary, if you were to remove the HP advantage of multiple reasons. They are still one of the best items respectivly (without the Druidic triumphing Virtus), they are still powered with massive defence and offense ability. Torva has godlike defence compared to Bandos. Same with Pernix compared to Armadyl, and Ahrims compared to Virtus. So they still have this ability of outhitting you opponent, but in a less safe way than it currently is.
Anyone who pk's in torva can tell you you're better off pking in rune with an obby shield. I'd only agree with the HP removal if torva got its proper defensive boost first. No reason I dragon scim in really shitty gear should outhit a person using torva and a dfs
F3arme wrote:also I have some great impressions I can use at a party to avoid awkward pauses

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 pm

Torey lanez wrote:
Sick ownage wrote:I am all in for the removal og HP boost of Nex sets and Druidic sets for multiple reasons. Ragging wouldn't so "safe" anymore without having the great all time Hitpoints being so high. How so? Because you can actually have a chance at fighting them and killing them, eventho they're stil using divine, but it would be much easier, and it wouldn't be as risk free as it currently is.

One more thing, I do not think an accuracy boost to the sets are nessecary, if you were to remove the HP advantage of multiple reasons. They are still one of the best items respectivly (without the Druidic triumphing Virtus), they are still powered with massive defence and offense ability. Torva has godlike defence compared to Bandos. Same with Pernix compared to Armadyl, and Ahrims compared to Virtus. So they still have this ability of outhitting you opponent, but in a less safe way than it currently is.
Anyone who pk's in torva can tell you you're better off pking in rune with an obby shield. I'd only agree with the HP removal if torva got its proper defensive boost first. No reason I dragon scim in really shitty gear should outhit a person using torva and a dfs
This is just myths and only an impression you get whilst fighting a rune pker.

In reality you will get barely hit in torva, but when the guy in rune manages to hit with scim, then venge and spec and you (almost) die, you'll think woah torva is shit.
I haven't ever seen a rune guy kill a person in torva in my 1500 hours of pking (damn I need to get a life) neither have I killed someone in torva myself in any gear in 1vs1.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18