HP boosting armour in the wilderness

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Changes to the Nex/3rd age druidic gear:

Leave everything the way it is
9%
Keep the HP boost in wild
9%
Remove the HP boost in wild (but still allow a one-time HP boost upon entering the wild)
8%
Remove the HP boost in wild (and lower HP level when entering the wilderness if more than 109)
7%
Don't add a prayer bonus to the items
3%
Add a prayer bonus to the items
20%
Don't give accuracy bonus for Nex sets when wearing a whole set
5%
Add accuracy bonus for Nex sets when wearing a whole set
20%
Don't add herblore bonuses to 3rd age duidic
2%
Add herblore bonuses to 3rd age druidic
17%

Total votes: 138

Mike
Programmer

HP boosting armour in the wilderness

Post by Mike » Wed May 13, 2015 9:23 pm

The gear we're talking about in this poll, as you've guessed by the title, is HP boosting Nex and 3rd age druidic gear. I know that this is a rather controversial topic, mostly because there are so many players who have paid a lot of money for great gear.

I would like to remove the HP boost on all this gear while the player is in the wilderness (so it doesn't affect PvM in any way), but at the same time I want to give this gear a boost in something else to compensate and make sure their value remains about the same.
For example, we could add a nice prayer bonus to all nex armour and 3rd age druidic, so their prayers will take much longer to drain. This would also be helpful in PvP while not making it too strong.

Players would still be able to boost their hitpoints outside the wilderness (up to 149 with rocktails or choc-ice) and remain on 149 when entering the wilderness. However, once another player (or monster) has reduced their hitpoints, they cannot heal more than 109 until they leave the wilderness.
I could make it so that all players their hitpoints are set to 109 when entering the wilderness (and their HP are higher than 109), but I do think a one-time HP boost in the wilderness is still a nice thing to have while not being too annoying for other players.

As for Nex sets, I could also give them a +10% accuracy bonus to your attack/ranged/magic attacks when wearing a full Torva/Pernix/Virtus set. Yet another nice bonus to compensate for the loss of the HP boost in the wilderness, while not being too strong.
The third-age druidic set already has an accuracy boost for wearing a whole set, so I'd like to make the set useful in some other way, not related to PvP, as compensation for the nerf. One idea would be to allow a player to make any potions at any herblore level when wearing a whole druidic set, while also having a small chance at producing two potions instead of one. Every set item could also give a +5% XP bonus when training herblore.

Just my thoughts, let me know what your opinion is on these matters and whether the suggested changes seem acceptable. I appreciate any constructive feedback.

Boise state
Premium Donator

Re: HP boosting armour in the wilderness

Post by Boise state » Wed May 13, 2015 9:24 pm

I like the idea of no HP boost in the wild, with the addition of a prayer boost.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed May 13, 2015 9:27 pm

How about you only lose the HP boost when skulled?

Boise state
Premium Donator

Post by Boise state » Wed May 13, 2015 9:29 pm

Simon wrote:How about you only lose the HP boost when skulled?
that sounds like a hassle to code lol, but smart, because it's easier to rush someone in torva with 99 hp than with 150.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed May 13, 2015 9:30 pm

He heard us! wewt can't believe it.

not sure with the damage boosts in %, since there are already some of those (void, max/comp cape, arcane neck). Extra prayer doesn't sound too bad.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed May 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Boise state wrote:
that sounds like a hassle to code lol, but smart, because it's easier to rush someone in torva with 99 hp than with 150.
I'd also like to add that I think the BH shop should sell a scroll that gives a +4 hp boost per item worn.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed May 13, 2015 9:31 pm

The underdog wrote:He heard us! wewt can't believe it.

not sure with the damage boosts in %, since there are already some of those (void, max/comp cape, arcane neck). Extra prayer doesn't sound too bad.
There would be no damage bonus, just accuracy bonus.

Boise state
Premium Donator

Post by Boise state » Wed May 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Simon wrote:
Boise state wrote:
I'd also like to add that I think the BH shop should sell a scroll that gives a +4 hp boost per item worn.
LIke, unlimited use? Just sits in your invy?

Poem
Wise One

Post by Poem » Wed May 13, 2015 9:31 pm

This^^
No reason PvMers in the wild should lose HP when bossing in "good gear".
Especially with how any good spec weapon can rush someone in Torva and still deal 80-90 damage in one spec.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed May 13, 2015 9:33 pm

I am all in for the removal og HP boost of Nex sets and Druidic sets for multiple reasons. Ragging wouldn't so "safe" anymore without having the great all time Hitpoints being so high. How so? Because you can actually have a chance at fighting them and killing them, eventho they're stil using divine, but it would be much easier, and it wouldn't be as risk free as it currently is.

One more thing, I do not think an accuracy boost to the sets are nessecary, if you were to remove the HP advantage of multiple reasons. They are still one of the best items respectivly (without the Druidic triumphing Virtus), they are still powered with massive defence and offense ability. Torva has godlike defence compared to Bandos. Same with Pernix compared to Armadyl, and Ahrims compared to Virtus. So they still have this ability of outhitting you opponent, but in a less safe way than it currently is.
ImageImage