-1 range on magic spells?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Lower the range on magic spells to 7?

Yes, lower the range by 1
46%
No, keep magic range the same but buff ranged attack ranges
31%
No, keep all ranges the same, but I have an alternative idea
No votes
Keep everything the same as it is, nothing needs to change
23%

Total votes: 13

Rainingagain
Known Venturer

Re: -1 range on magic spells?

Post by Rainingagain » Wed May 13, 2015 9:15 pm

Azu rite wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Simon wrote:Fixing long-ranged is enough imo..
Hitting low and infrequently doesn't really make up for much. You can already fight back with magic yourself and that doesn't even begin to even the playing field at all.
Void vs virtus = even, sometimes even out hitting, vois vs drudic, lol no chance

Void is paper compared to drudic.

Brandt
Premium Donator

Post by Brandt » Wed May 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Yup, lower the range by 1.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed May 13, 2015 9:52 pm

I feel like changing such a core part of the RS combat system is too much..

When people cast a spell on any variation of a runescape game, they expect their spell to travel 8 squares. Likewise, a person on longranged expects his bolt to travel 8 squares.

I really think that nerfing magic this much will do more harm than good.

Boise state
Premium Donator

Post by Boise state » Wed May 13, 2015 9:55 pm

Simon wrote:I feel like changing such a core part of the RS combat system is too much..

When people cast a spell on any variation of a runescape game, they expect their spell to travel 8 squares. Likewise, a person on longranged expects his bolt to travel 8 squares.

so then maybe extend range of all bows to 8?

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed May 13, 2015 10:07 pm

Simon wrote:I feel like changing such a core part of the RS combat system is too much..

Currently assholes can farcast and be virtually immune for no reason other than they have a lot of money. That alone causes a lot of harm and reducing their unfair advantage is hardly a bad thing.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed May 13, 2015 10:20 pm

Rawr wrote:

Currently assholes can farcast and be virtually immune for no reason other than they have a lot of money. That alone causes a lot of harm and reducing their unfair advantage is hardly a bad thing.
So buff ranged and magic defense and make longeranged work.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed May 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Simon wrote:
Rawr wrote:

So buff ranged and magic defense and make longeranged work.
Yeah, still can't hit through 150HP, divine, prayers and food though.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed May 13, 2015 10:26 pm

Rawr wrote:
Well...soon to be 120hp...And if it's 7 spots or 8 spots, you still won't hit through that.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed May 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Simon wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Well...soon to be 120hp...And if it's 7 spots or 8 spots, you still won't hit through that.
If handcannon was fixed it would be easier. The current fix was unnecessary. To prevent rushing the special could just have been disabled if the player wasn't in combat themselves.

Also, that 30-40HP makes a huge difference. A reasonable barrage (if fixed as well, so hits could stack properly) followed by Dark Bow or AGA can hit 80~ through divine and prayer still. The HP change will be very important.

Torey lanez
Wise One

Post by Torey lanez » Wed May 13, 2015 11:01 pm

Rawr wrote:
Simon wrote:Fixing long-ranged is enough imo..
Hitting low and infrequently doesn't really make up for much. You can already fight back with magic yourself and that doesn't even begin to even the playing field at all.
If I purchaed druidic, I want what my money has bought which is the hp bonus and high mage offensive.
The issue with druidic isn't really the hp , because there's no weapon in game that can one bang it, or even 2 bang it.
Even if you lower it to like 120 hp max, it's not hard for someone to spam click brews to survive.

The mage bonus is pretty accurate which I enjoy, but I could see a Nerf on its stats. Hitting nearly half HP with the appropiate items and their bonuses on a normal player is quite op, but the HP given doesn't make a huge determining factor.
F3arme wrote:also I have some great impressions I can use at a party to avoid awkward pauses