Glacor location

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How should Glacors be altered?

Keep them where they are
14%
Keep them in the wilderness, but in a multi-combat zone (note: it would still not be possible for 2 players to kill the same glacor)
5%
Same as above (multicombat wild) but move them further away from each other
11%
Move them out of the wilderness but put the entrance in a faraway spot in deep wild
70%

Total votes: 76

Epicbot
Premium Donator

Re: Glacor location

Post by Epicbot » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Rawr wrote:Of course everyone is voting for the cave option...just because the community want something to become risk free and safe, doesn't make it a great option. People are choosing what's best for them, completely ignoring what might be best for the game.
THIS^^^^

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:44 pm

Epicbot wrote:
Rawr wrote:Of course everyone is voting for the cave option...just because the community want something to become risk free and safe, doesn't make it a great option. People are choosing what's best for them, completely ignoring what might be best for the game.
THIS^^^^
If there was competition amongst pking clans then it would be a viable option to keep them in a risky area. However, there's no point since any muppet with a divine can join the deep wildy clan and carry on camping.

In fact, it'd be safer to keep them in the wildy since players can't attack you anyway and they're more dispersed so you are harder to find before attacking a glacor.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Even though the majority of players has voted for "move them out of the wilderness", as I said, the reasoning behind the voting is at least as important as the voting itself and so far I don't really see any reason why changing the Glacors in any way would lead to an improvement for the game as a whole.

We can take a look at them again once we've released our next 2 wilderness updates (bounty hunter and revenants).

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Mike wrote:Even though the majority of players has voted for "move them out of the wilderness", as I said, the reasoning behind the voting is at least as important as the voting itself and so far I don't really see any reason why changing the Glacors in any way would lead to an improvement for the game as a whole.

We can take a look at them again once we've released our next 2 wilderness updates (bounty hunter and revenants).
99% of the day theres only one or two at wild glad anyway

Swaggit
Honor Player

Post by Swaggit » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Honestly they're fine where they're at. I tried them out yesterday for the first time and they're extremely easy to get to, there's a bunch of them, and you can get away extremely quickly.

The only problem is that they're too clustered, I would've liked it more if they were dispersed quite a bit more so that you can attack one spawn area instead of getting attacked by others so quickly.

Phk1898
Known Venturer

Post by Phk1898 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:35 am

Canthitme1 wrote:
Mike wrote:Even though the majority of players has voted for "move them out of the wilderness", as I said, the reasoning behind the voting is at least as important as the voting itself and so far I don't really see any reason why changing the Glacors in any way would lead to an improvement for the game as a whole.

99% of the day theres only one or two at wild glad anyway
+1

Rimweed
Premium Donator

Post by Rimweed » Fri May 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Making PvMers go to the wild isn't improving the wild at all. I mean yes, they will go to the wild and they will most likely be killed by PKers but, I'm a player that PvMs and I don't do PKing mainly because I suck at it and making me go to the wild is not the right way to improve the wild. I rather not risk losing my gear to another player while trying to get a dorp.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri May 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Im amber wrote:Making PvMers go to the wild isn't improving the wild at all. I mean yes, they will go to the wild and they will most likely be killed by PKers but, I'm a player that PvMs and I don't do PKing mainly because I suck at it and making me go to the wild is not the right way to improve the wild. I rather not risk losing my gear to another player while trying to get a dorp.
I'm going out on a limb here and saying you haven't been out there...lol. The only risk of being pked is when you first teleport out there

Hoard
Premium Donator

Post by Hoard » Fri May 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Im amber wrote:Making PvMers go to the wild isn't improving the wild at all. I mean yes, they will go to the wild and they will most likely be killed by PKers but, I'm a player that PvMs and I don't do PKing mainly because I suck at it and making me go to the wild is not the right way to improve the wild. I rather not risk losing my gear to another player while trying to get a dorp.
puss

Torey lanez
Wise One

Post by Torey lanez » Fri May 01, 2015 7:00 pm

No ones forcing you to do Glaciers, they were added to the game in order to help rejuvenate pking/deep wild, not to cater to people who want everything made easy (exactly why I'm against putting them in a safe zone cavern).

Like others stated, you must of never went out to the Glaciors if you believe it's a constant slaughter of pvmers, lol.
F3arme wrote:also I have some great impressions I can use at a party to avoid awkward pauses