Glacors: one outside the wilderness?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Add one single glacor to the donator slayer cave?

Yes, add one
81%
No, only add them in the wilderness
19%

Total votes: 83

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Glacors: one outside the wilderness?

Post by Rawr » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:53 am

Simon wrote:Did you OSRS community want Lava Dragons, Black Chinchompas and the 6 new bosses in the wilderness? No.

Did the Wilderness Rejuvenation Update bring the desolate Wilderness back to life? Yes.

For God's sake people, a PKing community is a community that lasts. Driving that community away will ruin PkHonor. For PkHonor to grow, there has to be an active wilderness....Right now it's just pathetic
Urm, the 07 updates were pretty dominated by PKers killing PVMers and skillers too. Sure, it's boosted activity and has given people more reasons to enter the Wilderness, but a lot of that activity is just PKers fighting anyone. I suppose that is activity, it's just pretty shitty activity. I don't disagree this might help PKing in the initial hype but in a month it's just going to be free PKP for any PKers who venture out there. Look at Mithril Dragons; 1B+ an hour there and I don't see swarms of PKers there daily, do you? Glacors are clearly quite powerful so it's not like anyone there will be able to fight back particularly well against PKers when they'll be nearly out of food or only have brews to begin with.

Fine, putting more people into the Wilderness might boost the numbers, but it doesn't mean that actual activity is increasing. If it's just moving skiller killers from the agility course to glacors, what's the difference?

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:14 am

Simon wrote:
Nickrock wrote:If pvm is added to wilderness:

PvM'ers will 3-item the safe way in fear of losing their items, which is fair considering their intention is to PvM, not PvP.

Another grounds for pkp farming for pkers, seeing as most of them would only kill the PvM'ers, and not fight other people there to do PvP (nobody wants to lose their items).

Putting Glacors in the wilderness will not increase the amount of people that use the wilderness for PvP in the way that it should be used for.

Example, you say? Alright.

Pkers come to kill pvmers, they don't want to pvp so they start to run. If the pvmers don't get away and die, they think "wow, not worth it" and don't return (after a certain amount of times happening, of course). Even if the pvmer gets away, they know that pkers will continue to be drawn there due to pkers and the likelihood that the pvmers will return will decrease.
1) There's no "right way for the Wilderness to be used".

2) Glacors will be difficult..3 iteming won't be viable.

3) Pvmers will return if the risk is worth the reward. This is why glaciers will have good common drops (rune bars, etc).

4) You don't care about Wildy activity..no pker would argue your argument since he would know that this is what is better for PKH in the long run.
What's better for pkh is irrelevant in a community based rsps. By definition, people will vote for suggestions that help the current community since they are of more benefit to themselves. This isn't a bad thing necessarily since it'll help the old players stick around. I do think that curses should be a great deal cheaper, as with pking items.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Pkh doesn't need old players sticking around - it needs new ones. Also, no old players are quitting because of such a minor thing.

Kaymahn1
Honor Player

Post by Kaymahn1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:58 pm

1-3 outside wildy is a good idea.

Also, it would increase pk activity as pkers would also head out to kill those destroying the ones attacking glacors?

Pikachu
Honor Player

Post by Pikachu » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Kaymahn1 wrote:1-3 outside wildy is a good idea.

Also, it would increase pk activity as pkers would also head out to kill those destroying the ones attacking glacors?
Killing PVMers= not pk activity it's just more wildy traffic
ImageImage

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:56 pm

People complain no matter how your gonna make it.

Plus glacors is a choice, your not forced to go kill them.

Plus think of the mass war outside of the cave on the release.
I know 2 big clans that will be there for the release to slaughter everyone.

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:53 pm

Rawr wrote:
Simon wrote:Did you OSRS community want Lava Dragons, Black Chinchompas and the 6 new bosses in the wilderness? No.

Did the Wilderness Rejuvenation Update bring the desolate Wilderness back to life? Yes.

For God's sake people, a PKing community is a community that lasts. Driving that community away will ruin PkHonor. For PkHonor to grow, there has to be an active wilderness....Right now it's just pathetic
Urm, the 07 updates were pretty dominated by PKers killing PVMers and skillers too. Sure, it's boosted activity and has given people more reasons to enter the Wilderness, but a lot of that activity is just PKers fighting anyone. I suppose that is activity, it's just pretty shitty activity. I don't disagree this might help PKing in the initial hype but in a month it's just going to be free PKP for any PKers who venture out there. Look at Mithril Dragons; 1B+ an hour there and I don't see swarms of PKers there daily, do you? Glacors are clearly quite powerful so it's not like anyone there will be able to fight back particularly well against PKers when they'll be nearly out of food or only have brews to begin with.

Fine, putting more people into the Wilderness might boost the numbers, but it doesn't mean that actual activity is increasing. If it's just moving skiller killers from the agility course to glacors, what's the difference?
Have to agree completely.

EDIT: I keep seeing people say something along the lines of "we don't need veterands (players who've been here longer) to stick around, we need more new players" which isn't always true.
Yes, there needs to be a certain amount of new traffic, but PkHonor also needs to retain those players that it brings in.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Megumin
Honor Player

Post by Megumin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Iefke666 wrote:
Kaymahn1 wrote:1-3 outside wildy is a good idea.

Killing PVMers= not pk activity it's just more wildy traffic
Thank you, someone actually knows the difference between traffic and activity. More traffic but same old activity.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Whatever.

Drive the server into the ground and do whatever the hell you want..

PkHonor having 300 players online is a thing of the past thanks to you guys..

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Simon wrote:Whatever.

Drive the server into the ground and do whatever the hell you want..

PkHonor having 300 players online is a thing of the past thanks to you guys..
No updates and being so harsh on punishments has driven a way of lot of people on its own. Adding tons and tons of monsters to the wilderness won't suddenly solve all the problems.

I must admit though, after reviewing what you and a few others have said, I probably have been too harsh in judgement for what this could do to help the wilderness. At least be encouraging people to enter the wilderness it could bring more in to follow them, which could help far more than I, and others, have given credit for and anticipated. I think we'll just have to wait and see what this does and perhaps if more monsters can help any more.