[Narrowed poll] Yell rules & punishments

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should the rules & punishments on yell be?

Meter: I agree with the suggestion
11%
Meter: I don't agree with the suggestion
4%
Racism & death treats: permanent mute
8%
Racism & death treats: permanent yellmute
9%
Serious offensive language: 3 days yellmute
10%
Serious offensive language: 1 day yellmute
7%
Offensive language: 1 day yellmute
4%
Offensive language: 12 hours yellmute
5%
Offensive language: 6 hours yellmute
7%
Baiting: 3 hours yellmute
10%
Baiting: 1 hour yellmute
3%
Baiting: allow it
5%
Spam & cc advertisement: 3 hours yellmute
9%
Spam & cc advertisement: 1 hour yellmute
8%

Total votes: 270

Mike
Programmer

[Narrowed poll] Yell rules & punishments

Post by Mike » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Now that I have a first estimate on what the community thinks about yell rules and punishments, time to narrow down the poll options.

One thing I have mentioned earlier is a 'meter' system, where people's punishments are tracked (per IP & per account) so repeat offenders will automatically get harsher punishments than others. For example, if someone had received a 3 days yellmute recently and they receive a new 1 day yellmute, the new mute will instead be for 4 days. The meter would wear off after some time (how fast exactly is not yet determined).
There's also a limit of accumulated punishments, after which the person automatically gets permanently muted. I would make it so that a 10 day yellmute would automatically be turned into a permanent one. Given the current poll options, one would have to commit a lot of offenses in order to have this happen to them.

Furthermore, anyone who commits a minor offense (such as spam, cc advertisement of a channel that isn't yours or minor offensive language) will receive a warning instead of the actual mute, unless they had already been warned before. This also be an advantage to this system.
Serious offenses will not result in any warnings.

Please note that the outcome of this poll is not yet final - first I will consult with the staff team to make a final list of guidelines on the punishments..

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: [Narrowed poll] Yell rules & punishments

Post by Rawr » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Telling someone to kill themselves should be a permanent mute, regardless of where it is said. Same should go for DDOS threats (if not straight up ban).

Racism over yell should just be a permanent yellmute though, as long as it was clear that it was supposed to be offensive. Otherwise it should only count as a a seriously offensive language punishment; some joke about black people and chicken, if not explicitly racist or degrading, shouldn't count as racism, nor should simply stating 'nigga' if it isn't meant to be in an offensive manner, such as 'what's up my nigga?, if directed at a friend.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Racism should only be a perm mute or yellmute if its obviously ment in an offensive way, not a joke. Because black jokes shouldn't be allowed, but they also shouldn't be punished THAT hard. Same with saying nigga. Sup mah nigga shouldnt be a perm mute.

Still don't think serious offensive language should be a day, but I guess I just don't like punishments in general unless its super offensive, like death or ddos threats. I suppose serious racism too.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Death treats sound like a good idea for a Halloween Event reward.

Zillionare

Post by Zillionare » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:11 pm

I think they should be ip banned for racisim, without appeal, but you knowww thats none of my business

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Zillionare wrote:I think they should be ip banned for racisim, without appeal, but you knowww thats none of my business
There is only one.

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Zillionare wrote:I think they should be ip banned for racisim, without appeal, but you knowww thats none of my business
Way to harsh
First offencr- Perm mute
Second- ip mute
Third- ip ban

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Let's not make a system, if there is a "system" then no need to have mods.

Let mods use there own criteria and thinking when it comes to punishments and such. It actually is just fine at the moment, I have found, the mods are a lot more lax.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Ain wrote:Let's not make a system, if there is a "system" then no need to have mods.

Let mods use there own criteria and thinking when it comes to punishments and such. It actually is just fine at the moment, I have found, the mods are a lot more lax.
Only after we bitch about how stupidly strict this game had became.

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:03 pm

A zoo right wrote:
Ain wrote:Let's not make a system, if there is a "system" then no need to have mods.

Only after we bitch about how stupidly strict this game had became.
Yes, we bitched and such, and then the mods were like "Ok, lets fix this stoof" and became a little more lax.