[Review] Dharok's set

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How good is the Dharok's set since the 1 May update?

Just right
25%
Too weak
72%
Too strong
3%

Total votes: 71

The skills
Wise One

Re: [Review] Dharok's set

Post by The skills » Tue May 06, 2014 11:16 pm

Goku wrote:I took my spot as " King of Dharock Pking" , a long time ago and still have the title.

No worries, Champ will go check it out and give you a review.
Fight me? No claws. DDS for spec ;)

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue May 06, 2014 11:51 pm

I just did A LOT of Dharok PKing in the Duel Arena. Far too inaccurate. Not in terms of hitting low, or high, but in terms of consistency and actual hits.

At 1-5HP I rarely hit at all, regardless of what damage I actually dealt. My accuracy was no difference to that of being at 50HP, at which point I had less risk and was still capable of hiting 50+. The actual damage per HP ratio seemed fine, but the accuracy to HP seemed unchanged. I don't know how it's supposed to be, but I don't think that it's right that there is no real gain to risking anything, when I probably will still hit nothing even at very low HP.

Granted, when tested against an opponent with no defence bonus, hits were noticeably higher, but their consistency was not. Against an opponent with high defence, I was lucky to hit anything at all, let alone below 10HP. I hit far more often with a DDS Special Attack.

The problem now seems to be that of Dharok's accuracy; there is no point risking low HP to 'possibly' hit 80+, when my actual ability to hit anything at all seems so low that hitting anything at all will be a miracle, let alone a high hit.

EDIT: You really do seem to have 'combos' on PKH, followed by long periods of 0s. I saw 20+ 0s hit on me with the axe below 10HP, and then close to 200 combined damage in 3 hits in a row, followed by even more 0s for a long time. Not sure what to make of that, and it isn't unique just to Dharoks either...

*Thanks to Iefke666 + Sick Ownage for helping out.
Last edited by Rawr on Wed May 07, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

H n i c b
Rookie

Post by H n i c b » Wed May 07, 2014 12:05 am

for the people that say its just fine really need to try it out...

The skills
Wise One

Post by The skills » Wed May 07, 2014 12:48 am

Danny13oy wrote:I just did A LOT of Dharok PKing in the Duel Arena. Far too inaccurate. Not in terms of hitting low, or high, but in terms of consistency and actual hits.

At 1-5HP I rarely hit at all, regardless of what damage I actually dealt. My accuracy was no difference to that of being at 50HP, at which point I had less risk and was still capable of hiting 50+. The actual damage per HP ratio seemed fine, but the accuracy to HP seemed unchanged. I don't know how it's supposed to be, but I don't think that it's right that there is no real gain to risking anything, when I probably will still hit nothing even at very low HP.

Granted, when tested against an opponent with no defence bonus, hits were noticeably higher, but their consistency was not. Against an opponent with high defence, I was lucky to hit anything at all, let alone below 10HP. I hit far more often with a DDS Special Attack.

The problem now seems to be that of Dharok's accuracy; there is no point risking low HP to 'possibly' hit 80+, when my actual ability to hit anything at all seems so low that hitting anything at all will be a miracle, let alone a high hit.
This exactly.

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Wed May 07, 2014 1:05 am

Good work Danny. :)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed May 07, 2014 9:28 am

Danny13oy wrote:I just did A LOT of Dharok PKing in the Duel Arena. Far too inaccurate. Not in terms of hitting low, or high, but in terms of consistency and actual hits.

Thank you for taking the time to properly review the set. This gives us some valuable insights.
As for the accuracy problem, as far as I know your hitpoints should have no effect on accuracy, only on damage dealt. I could buff the accuracy at lower hitpoints, but I doubt it's meant to be like that, nor am I sure it's the right thing to do.

There's a good chance the inaccuracy and inconsistent hits are a consequence of imbalances in the combat system. As you all know, I'm aiming to finish my combat rework at the beginning of June, so I think it's best to wait with changes to the Dharok's accuracy until I've done that. Then we can re-evaluate everything and see what needs changing yet.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Mike wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to properly review the set. This gives us some valuable insights.
As for the accuracy problem, as far as I know your hitpoints should have no effect on accuracy, only on damage dealt. I could buff the accuracy at lower hitpoints, but I doubt it's meant to be like that, nor am I sure it's the right thing to do.

There's a good chance the inaccuracy and inconsistent hits are a consequence of imbalances in the combat system. As you all know, I'm aiming to finish my combat rework at the beginning of June, so I think it's best to wait with changes to the Dharok's accuracy until I've done that. Then we can re-evaluate everything and see what needs changing yet.
Dharoks does work as it should, accuracy isn't meant to be increased at low HP. I was just trying to emphasise how inaccurate it was, as it kinda negates the improvements you made. Glad to hear it'll be looked at during your combat revamp though, along with everything else :)

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:06 pm

Can we get a revote on this?

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Azu rite wrote:Can we get a revote on this?
Contrary to my previous post, I think an accuracy boost is necessary to fix it.