[Combat system] Dharoks axe

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Is the dharoks axe too strong?

Yes, it's too strong
25%
No, it's perfectly fine the way it is
30%
No, and it's actually less powerful than it should be
46%

Total votes: 226

Xoros

Re: [Combat system] Dharoks axe

Post by Xoros » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:03 pm

The argument is always the same and always by two parties: Those who PK in Dharoks often, and those who die to it often. Those who PK in it often will sometimes complain it doesn't hit high enough or isn't accurate enough, whereas those who have died to extremely unlucky big hits complain in general Dharoks is too accurate.

Lets take the DDS for example. Player A is using a regular rune setup and DDS. Player B is using full Torags, DFS, etc, and Dclaws. Player B D claw specs player A and hits nothing with both specs. Player B then pulls some giant rambo out of his ass and 2 spec KOs player B. Although this is an unlikely scenario it can and does happen, but you don't see people posting threads asking to nerf the DDS when they get ramboed for a 70 spec by some noob risking a few sharks.

It's a similar situation here, except generally people risking more tend to want to fight others risking more, for example DH pkers, and just so happen to have an unlucky death when they're risking a fair bit more and so die and complain about it. Dharoks PKers will more often than not die to you players in full Zuriels or Statius and a divine, so when 1 out of the 200 DH pkers you've tried killing turns around and gets a very lucky kill on you, please don't complain.

I honestly see no issue with the DH axe on this game. As Mike has shown it's exactly the same as on real runescape. It works for them well enough and it works well enough here.
Image Image
Wildywyrm Guide - http://adf.ly/il1p1
Bandos Guide - http://adf.ly/il2VG

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Xoros wrote: I honestly see no issue with the DH axe on this game. As Mike has shown it's exactly the same as on real runescape. It works for them well enough and it works well enough here.
You obviously must not Pk.

Edisdnilb
Wise One

Post by Edisdnilb » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:47 pm

The axe is weak as shit. Please refer to runescape as a reference of the axe. It hits 60+ with less then 30hp or so. On pkh, it doesnt hit below 50, above 50 it can hit 50+. The max with dh axe on pkh is 59. Which is wrong. Never seen higher so yes thats the max

EDIT: im sure someone will pick out the max i said but in the 2 years ive played, never seen higher then 59 and only seen twice

Xoros

Post by Xoros » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:51 am

Ain wrote:
Xoros wrote: I honestly see no issue with the DH axe on this game. As Mike has shown it's exactly the same as on real runescape. It works for them well enough and it works well enough here.
I PK frequently. If you have an issue with my opinion feel free to discuss it with me privately. My private is always on in-game or if you like you could sent me a private message on the forums. Thanks.

My opinion still stands. The DH axe doesn't need to be changed much. If it must be changed, only a very small change is needed.
Image Image
Wildywyrm Guide - http://adf.ly/il1p1
Bandos Guide - http://adf.ly/il2VG

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:09 am

Xoros wrote:
Ain wrote:
I PK frequently. If you have an issue with my opinion feel free to discuss it with me privately. My private is always on in-game or if you like you could sent me a private message on the forums. Thanks.

My opinion still stands. The DH axe doesn't need to be changed much. If it must be changed, only a very small change is needed.
Ain is right, if you've ever pked in Dh then you'd realize how underpowered it is. In RS it's so desirable because of how high you accurately hit at low hp. And on here, you hit high at low hp about 1/10 times, or even less.

Slowbro
Premium Donator

Post by Slowbro » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:03 am

Reli unreliable

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:16 am

Praise jesus wrote:Reli unreliable
Mike already said DH would be fixed in some way in the next update :D

Brooksie
Premium Donator

Post by Brooksie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Hard one to say, i would just suggest having all the admins test it and come to a final conclusion to it as the poll doesn't really show what the majority of people want

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Brooksie wrote:Hard one to say, i would just suggest having all the admins test it and come to a final conclusion to it as the poll doesn't really show what the majority of people want
The poll is old, and was prior to nerfing the hell out of dh, now that people see that they fucked up by bitching constantly about it, they want the old unnerfed version back.

Novelis
Rookie

Post by Novelis » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:52 pm

I think it's fine, theres always going to be controversy over dharok's anyway…