[Combat system] Dharoks axe

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Is the dharoks axe too strong?

Yes, it's too strong
25%
No, it's perfectly fine the way it is
30%
No, and it's actually less powerful than it should be
46%

Total votes: 226

Mike
Programmer

[Combat system] Dharoks axe

Post by Mike » Wed May 08, 2013 12:05 am

This is the first of many threads where we will be discussing the aspects of our combat system that have been brought to our attention. Several players agree that certain aspects of our combat system aren't what they should be, and the point of these threads is to improve them, to make sure everyone is happy with how our combat system works.

Please note that this does not necessarily mean we want to make an exact copy of RuneScape's combat system (before the Evolution of Combat). For most things, that's what we want to do, but sometimes players agree that certain items in RuneScape are simply too weak or too strong. We intend to have a combat system that's perfectly balanced, where everything has a proper use and there is a decent risk versus reward tradeoff. Fights must be fair and 'overpowered' items should not exist.

More of these threads will be made in the course of the next weeks, where people can post their findings and opinion on every aspect of our combat system. The content of each thread is determined by this list. If you believe the list is incomplete and missing certain aspects of our combat system that need to be improved, please post it in that thread so we can include it in the list.

This thread will handle the Dharok's axe, which several players believe is too strong. More precise, they state the max hit with the axe is too high even if you have a lot of hitpoints.

I looked around a bit, and one of the things I found was this maximum melee hit calculator. With that calculator, I have checked the maximum hit of the Dharok's axe as in RuneScape and compared it to ours. I've done that on several hitpoints, with and without prayer, with and without potion.
As it turns out, the maximum hit the calculator gives, is exactly the maximum hit as we have on PkHonor. Therefore, it seems to me that the Dharok's axe works exactly the way it works in RuneScape.

If you disagree with this, please let me know and tell me what you think should be changed about it.

Rick
Unstoppable

Re: [Combat system] Dharoks axe

Post by Rick » Wed May 08, 2013 12:08 am

The Dharok's axe hits might be good, but it's to accurate I believe.

Also the "Dharoks effect" is to high when still at high hitpoints. I believe those are the main problems with Dharoks.

I don't use Dharok myself so I can't really tell you, but those are the complaints I've seen around lately.

Slowbro
Premium Donator

Post by Slowbro » Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 am

Hits much to often at high hp, resulting in 60+hits at 80hp+.

You can hit high 50's at full hp.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed May 08, 2013 12:16 am

According to the calculator, you should be able to hit exactly 59.9 (round up to 60) when at 99 strength, while using a super prayer potion, turmoil prayer (on an enemy with also 99 strength), maximum strength gear (+133 strength bonus, unless there are items that give higher strength bonuses) and when on 80/99 hitpoints. That's also exactly how it is on PkHonor.

I don't know about you, but as far as I know, that calculator is entirely accurate. Then what could the problem be? Perhaps the dharok's special effect shouldn't occur all the time but only on occasion? Or maybe dharok's does work exactly the way it does on runescape, but not a lot of people use it there? Or maybe the accuracy is simply too high?

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Wed May 08, 2013 12:19 am

Mike wrote:According to the calculator, you should be able to hit exactly 59.9 (round up to 60) when at 99 strength, while using a super prayer potion, turmoil prayer (on an enemy with also 99 strength), maximum strength gear (+133 strength bonus, unless there are items that give higher strength bonuses) and when on 80/99 hitpoints. That's also exactly how it is on PkHonor.

I don't know about you, but as far as I know, that calculator is entirely accurate. Then what could the problem be? Perhaps the dharok's special effect shouldn't occur all the time but only on occasion? Or maybe dharok's does work exactly the way it does on runescape, but not a lot of people use it there? Or maybe the accuracy is simply too high?

I have NEVER once seen a Pking video off of RuneScape Pre-EOC that someone has hit above 50 with a DH axe at full hp.

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Wed May 08, 2013 12:20 am

Mike wrote:According to the calculator, you should be able to hit exactly 59.9 (round up to 60) when at 99 strength, while using a super prayer potion, turmoil prayer (on an enemy with also 99 strength), maximum strength gear (+133 strength bonus, unless there are items that give higher strength bonuses) and when on 80/99 hitpoints. That's also exactly how it is on PkHonor.

It's probably the accuracy of high hits. You hit high to often...

Imo there is nothing wrong with dharok's when PvM'ing.. I was doing slayer and I don't really see an "overpowered" dharoks.

However lets way for pkers their input.

Slowbro
Premium Donator

Post by Slowbro » Wed May 08, 2013 12:21 am

Its constant 60's-70's at high hp but when you get below 20hp the hit's seem unreliable. There must be a issue with accuracy.

Tobias
Honor Player

Post by Tobias » Wed May 08, 2013 12:29 am

To accurate, I got hit 76 throug divine (in void) while the other player had 30-35hp+-.

And just you hit always high with it.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

I'm gone.

Jordan brown
Known Venturer

Post by Jordan brown » Wed May 08, 2013 12:36 am

Yea, it's over powered.

I got hit a 81 when the person I was fighting was at like 30 HP...

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Wed May 08, 2013 12:45 am

It's fine the way it is. It's hits at 99 hp are entirely strength bonus, like hitting with a godsword, but a tiny bit less powerful.