Clan PVM loot (new suggestion)

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

+2% accuracy in PVM per nearby clan member (+10% max)?

Yes
79%
No, I liked the 'damage dealt' bonus more
13%
No, leave everything the way it is
8%

Total votes: 72

Mike
Programmer

Clan PVM loot (new suggestion)

Post by Mike » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:07 pm

A suggestion from Danny13oy, instead of making a clan have a bonus towards their damage dealt, he suggested increasing the accuracy of clan members when attacking a monster in clan.

I believe this is an even better idea, because there are some gear setups where your accuracy is already very high. If clans would be formed that consist of high gear players, nobody else would have a chance at getting the loot. By increasing the accuracy, clans of players with cheaper gear would have a chance at competing with players with higher gear.

The accuracy boost would be +2% for every nearby clan member (yourself included), with a maximum of +10%. This accuracy boost would apply to melee, ranged and magic attacks as well as special attacks.

Let me know if you prefer this suggestion, or the other one (as suggested here: http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=15552)

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Clan PVM loot (new suggestion)

Post by Rawr » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Wow! This idea is great! I really like it! Well done, mystery stranger who thought of it! :3

Rough towel
Honor Player

Post by Rough towel » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Ah a smart lad this 'Danny'. if only he know Mike liked it aswell..

Great idea, support
In-game name: Smelly Towel

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:22 pm

I like the sound of this idea better than the other

Tinder13ox

Post by Tinder13ox » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Danny13oy wrote:Wow! This idea is great! I really like it! Well done, mystery stranger who thought of it! :3
ya i like it 2

Ramadan
Champion

Post by Ramadan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Coming from someone who doesn't often PVM with a clan this still sounds like a great idea.

Would this stack with prayers, pots etc?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Ramadan wrote:Coming from someone who doesn't often PVM with a clan this still sounds like a great idea.

Would this stack with prayers, pots etc?
It would probably stack with prayer bonus.

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 pm

I don't believe clans should have any combat based bonuses, they should just have the increased drop rate and that is all.

People shouldn't be penalized because they want to solo, the basic maths behind being in a clan is already advantageous without more bonuses. The main problem is clans nearly always climb on the salty express when someone "crashes" them and gets 1 loot out of 10.

Statistically speaking if there are 10 people at a boss in which 9 are clan members and 1 is there solo (disregarding who crashed who as it's irrelevant) and every single member is in the same gear then in 10 kills the clan will achieve 9 drops and the soloer 1. So all in all, I can't really see why clans need this bonus.

If I'm not understanding something here, please expand.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:44 pm

No pity wrote:I don't believe clans should have any combat based bonuses, they should just have the increased drop rate and that is all.

People shouldn't be penalized because they want to solo, the basic maths behind being in a clan is already advantageous without more bonuses. The main problem is clans nearly always climb on the salty express when someone "crashes" them and gets 1 loot out of 10.

Statistically speaking if there are 10 people at a boss in which 9 are clan members and 1 is there solo (disregarding who crashed who as it's irrelevant) and every single member is in the same gear then in 10 kills the clan will achieve 9 drops and the soloer 1. So all in all, I can't really see why clans need this bonus.

If I'm not understanding something here, please expand.
I agree, but it seems like everyone else wants there to be another bonus to promote clans and to make it 'fairer'.

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:29 pm

Danny13oy wrote:
I agree, but it seems like everyone else wants there to be another bonus to promote clans and to make it 'fairer'.
No idea how it makes it "fairer" but I can understand the whole idea behind making clans more active.

I think the issue is clans assume that every single one of their members has a combined damage which allows them to kill the boss as a single entity which is quite incorrect as it's based on each individuals damage output and giving the highest damaging player/clan the loot. So when a group of 10 people complain about not getting drops they want more things like accuracy buffs :s There doesn't seem to be any logic standing here.