Clan PVM loot (new suggestion)

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

+2% accuracy in PVM per nearby clan member (+10% max)?

Yes
79%
No, I liked the 'damage dealt' bonus more
13%
No, leave everything the way it is
8%

Total votes: 72

Mike
Programmer

Re: Clan PVM loot (new suggestion)

Post by Mike » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:39 pm

No pity wrote:Statistically speaking if there are 10 people at a boss in which 9 are clan members and 1 is there solo (disregarding who crashed who as it's irrelevant) and every single member is in the same gear then in 10 kills the clan will achieve 9 drops and the soloer 1. So all in all, I can't really see why clans need this bonus.

If I'm not understanding something here, please expand.
The main problem is that solo PVM'ers are usually in very high level gear (torva, pernix, virtus + ruby bolts, death etc.) and they manage to outhit most other players 8/10. Newer players therefore have no chance at getting loot, ever. With this bonus, new players can join a clan and manage to outhit those players who always get all the loot just because their gear is so much stronger.

It also encourages people to form clans, which is a good thing for the community. People who are part of a clan often stay much longer in a game.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Sometimes the clan members actions are stuck back on the clan, and the clan is targeted by staff members with a clan.

*cough*

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:07 am

Mike wrote:
The main problem is that solo PVM'ers are usually in very high level gear (torva, pernix, virtus + ruby bolts, death etc.) and they manage to outhit most other players 8/10. Newer players therefore have no chance at getting loot, ever. With this bonus, new players can join a clan and manage to outhit those players who always get all the loot just because their gear is so much stronger.

It also encourages people to form clans, which is a good thing for the community. People who are part of a clan often stay much longer in a game.
So we've catered for one extremity but now we're left with the issue of a clan with 1 if not more torva, virtus, pernix + ruby bolts, death etc essentially physically owning (as in possessing) a boss and completely controlling the income from there.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:54 pm

No pity wrote: So we've catered for one extremity but now we're left with the issue of a clan with 1 if not more torva, virtus, pernix + ruby bolts, death etc essentially physically owning (as in possessing) a boss and completely controlling the income from there.
Possibly, but the accuracy of high end gear is already very high and an accuracy buff will affect their hits less than it will affect the hits of low level gear. At least that's the theory - I'll do some tests to see if it's correct :P

If it doesn't turn out to be correct, I can always put a cap on max accuracy to make high end gear have a smaller effect from the buff.

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Mike wrote:
No pity wrote: So we've catered for one extremity but now we're left with the issue of a clan with 1 if not more torva, virtus, pernix + ruby bolts, death etc essentially physically owning (as in possessing) a boss and completely controlling the income from there.
Possibly, but the accuracy of high end gear is already very high and an accuracy buff will affect their hits less than it will affect the hits of low level gear. At least that's the theory - I'll do some tests to see if it's correct :P

If it doesn't turn out to be correct, I can always put a cap on max accuracy to make high end gear have a smaller effect from the buff.
I was thinking something along those lines, having the bonus based on 4-5 items helmet, armour, legs, weapon and shield.

Is there any chance you could make a formula that calculated the total level required on those items and gave a bonus dependent on that?

For example:

Player 1
Rune c'bow - 61
Black d'hide body - 70
Black d'hide legs - 70
Dfs - 75
Torag Helm - 70
Total - 346

Player 2
Chaotic C'bow - 80
Pernix Top - 80
Pernix Chaps - 80
Divine - 75 (+30%(?)) - 97.5
Pernix Cowl - 80
Total - 417.5

So in this example anything below 350 would potentially receive 10% accuracy bonus whilst 400+ would receive 2% bonus and there would obviously be some parameters in between to tinker with.
I understand this seems far-fetched but it is feasible theoretically, not sure on the coding though.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:09 pm

No pity wrote:I was thinking something along those lines, having the bonus based on 4-5 items helmet, armour, legs, weapon and shield.

Is there any chance you could make a formula that calculated the total level required on those items and gave a bonus dependent on that?

For example:

Player 1
Rune c'bow - 61
Black d'hide body - 70
Black d'hide legs - 70
Dfs - 75
Torag Helm - 70
Total - 346

Player 2
Chaotic C'bow - 80
Pernix Top - 80
Pernix Chaps - 80
Divine - 75 (+30%(?)) - 97.5
Pernix Cowl - 80
Total - 417.5

So in this example anything below 350 would potentially receive 10% accuracy bonus whilst 400+ would receive 2% bonus and there would obviously be some parameters in between to tinker with.
I understand this seems far-fetched but it is feasible theoretically, not sure on the coding though.
There are some items that require the same level to wield but are way stronger than others. Also: 3rd age druidic and the morph ring have no requirements. So I think it would be better to let the clan bonus depend on your attack/ranged/magic bonus (depending which combat type you use at the time).

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:47 pm

I like how you try to make clanning bigger on pkhonor. Good idea.

Couches123
Premium Donator

Post by Couches123 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:25 pm

i think mike should decide on his own how the system should be introduced.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:41 pm

Honor couch wrote:i think mike should decide on his own how the system should be introduced.
In the end, it's always my decision because I'm the one who makes the changes. However, I value the input from the community since they have more experience with these things than I do ;)

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:44 pm

Seems like a pretty cool update.