Lower the occurence on bolt effects?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Lower the occurence of enchanted bolt special effects?

Yes, they are too strong
26%
No, they are perfect the way they are
50%
No, and they should even happen more often
24%

Total votes: 82

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Re: Lower the occurence on bolt effects?

Post by Pls senpai » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:49 am

Mike wrote:
Post whore wrote:Have you altered the range specs on the test server?
No, only the accuracy on mage, melee and ranged. Haven't started on specials yet, but I'll do the ranged ones first because there's only a few of them. Then I can release the changes to ranged while finishing my work on melee specs.

Quite a load of work ahead :/

Considering that there are dedicated PKers that give you HIGHLY descriptive information, it could be worse.

(Btw, if you get time, not everyone that PK's and knows a ton about combat uses the forum. I suggest a surprise visit to edgeville wilderness one day, teleporting the Pkers to a different height, and having them explain how combat is bad. could backfire, but ehh.

Whatcha gonna do)

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:52 am

One thing, not releated to this. But the defence bonus of items you wear doesn't seem to make a big of a diffrence at PvP.

For example, Danny and I tested something that should be quite easy for another guy. We went 1vs2 in multi.

Danny and I only had arcane shield and dfs as defence, and a staff and weapon to attack with. Otherwise I wore stuff that gave no stats what so ever and he did wear ghostly to full mithril. The guy we fought had Torva to Virtus switch and guess what. We killed him easily in 5 out of 5 fights without him dealing alot of damage to us. I feel this is something it should be looked at, if it isn't.

I just had the feeling to throw it out there.
ImageImage

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:57 am

They aren't too strong but they do happen very often, higher the accuracy/strength of them and lower the amount they happen.

Tobias
Honor Player

Post by Tobias » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:55 am

Post whore wrote:It's not the occurrence that's bad, it's the accuracy of the Rune Crossbow.

Some users worked their asses off getting a chaotic cross bow, when a rune cross bow is almost as effective, yet they're 39 levels of difference to be able to wear them?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

I'm gone.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Wildprincess wrote:One thing, not releated to this. But the defence bonus of items you wear doesn't seem to make a big of a diffrence at PvP.
It's one of the flaws in the combat system that should be fixed in the new one. It should be in order for magic combat already, and magic bonuses should make a serious difference as of recently. As said, melee and range will follow yet.

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:20 pm

The bolts are actually good, it's the ranging weaponry that is either way too accurate or there is no difference between some.

As some have said before, the rune c'bow is almost as powerfull as the chaotic crossbow, while there is 40 range level difference between these weapons.

Tobias
Honor Player

Post by Tobias » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Mike, the ranging throwing weapons still suck(not to sound rude). You should do some tests at clan wars like I did with multiple ranging weapons. :)

(Pernix, ranging brawlers,..)
Last edited by Tobias on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

I'm gone.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Rune C'bow needs an accuracy nerf and the specs shouldn't be as often on that either.

Naw4
Rookie

Post by Naw4 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:50 pm

heres the thing though range is the only thing we can use against magers who pj ppl mage is already op because you hit 34's on ppl in dhide the dbolt spec doesnt happen that often

Ramadan
Champion

Post by Ramadan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Being someone that PK's (on a pure) with D'Bolts I'd agree that it needs to be lowered. I tend to hit with the special a lot.