Clan PVM loot

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

+3% damage dealt for every nearby clan member (cap at +12%)?

Yes
68%
No, lower the bonus
3%
No, up the bonus
13%
No, leave everything as it is
14%
No, I have an alternative suggestion posted below
1%

Total votes: 69

Cadzand
Donator

Re: Clan PVM loot

Post by Cadzand » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:02 pm

As listed by some others, I would increase it to 4%, because when you would be duoing with a friend when another player with better equipment is near the difference would be hard to notice.
Great idea though!

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Cadzand wrote:As listed by some others, I would increase it to 4%, because when you would be duoing with a friend when another player with better equipment is near the difference would be hard to notice.
Great idea though!
The idea is to promote clans. Duoing with a friend is not this.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Danny13oy wrote:I can guarantee I can crash a clan of Pernix and Divines at Nex using Void and Rune C'bow
Not once I lower the occurence of bolt special effects: http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=15553
I'll also do a few small comparative tests between pernix/divine/chaotic cbow, void/whip of chaos and death, to see how close their damage output are to each other.

Danny13oy wrote:Interestingly, if he DID have his clan arrive, even in shit gear, his damage output would become far greater and no one else would get much chance.
Yeah, that's pretty much the only concern I have about this system. Not sure what I could do about this.

Danny13oy wrote:*Oh, and will you implement a system then, so that you can't be counted as part of the clan nearby if you're outside the boss room, such as in GWD? I mean, you wouldn't actually be helping at all, you would only be acting as a damage booster.; I can see people getting clients up and going near the bosses to do this...at GWD it would certainly work.
People will only be counted towards a clan if they are in the same room and have dealt at least 1 damage to the monster. As far as I know, being in the same room is already a requirement to be counted towards the clan, but they don't need to deal any damage - this will change in the next update.

4gottengodz
Champion

Post by 4gottengodz » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Mike wrote:
Danny13oy wrote: Interestingly, if he DID have his clan arrive, even in shit gear, his damage output would become far greater and no one else would get much chance.
Yeah, that's pretty much the only concern I have about this system. Not sure what I could do about this.
Nothing. The whole idea is to promote clans and competitive play.
Karl25 pk wrote:Shes bouncing on someones cock atm

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Many bosses are just way too easy on PkHonor. I think you should re-do all bosses also :P

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Mike wrote:
Danny13oy wrote:*Oh, and will you implement a system then, so that you can't be counted as part of the clan nearby if you're outside the boss room, such as in GWD? I mean, you wouldn't actually be helping at all, you would only be acting as a damage booster.; I can see people getting clients up and going near the bosses to do this...at GWD it would certainly work.
People will only be counted towards a clan if they are in the same room and have dealt at least 1 damage to the monster. As far as I know, being in the same room is already a requirement to be counted towards the clan, but they don't need to deal any damage - this will change in the next update.
You currently only have to be visible on the minimap to be apart of LS. Glad to hear that will be changed, though :)

And Mike, even if you lower bolt special effects, the fact remains that Void is the best armour for damage output because of its bonuses, which are as they should be. Lowering bolt effects would only give people in Pernix + Divine less chance because their average damage output would be lessened by more than those with Void because they can no longer hit 60+. Void is SUPPOSED to have the best damage output, which it currently does. Pernix has reasonable accuracy and defence, with a decent range bonus but it doesn't have the best damage output, only the best efficiency. The armours work how they should.

This gear is currently best for maximum damage output, using range:

Full Void Range, Amulet of Ranging, Archers Ring, Ranger Boots, Ava's, Zamorak Book, Chaotic Crossbow / Rune C'bow + Rigour. This along with Vengeance and purposeful prayer dropping at correct moments will outhit Pernix. Test it without any bolt specials at all, just using plain Rune Bolts. It still holds true for 90% of situations. Giving people using this set up a damage bonus will not increase competitiveness, it will just leave people unable to even contest them unless they are in an equally large clan with equally powerful gear.

That isn't to say this is a reason that this suggestion is not a good idea. It is. The only issue is that it leaves those with the best damage output gear almost unbeatable, whereas at least now anyone has a fair chance if they can match most of the above gear.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:46 pm

I like the idea, but I think it should be a 2% bonus with a 6% cap..

12% bonus means 65s with a chaos whip..just no

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Simon wrote:I like the idea, but I think it should be a 2% bonus with a 6% cap..

Imagine a team of 5 with Death :D

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Danny13oy wrote:
Simon wrote:I like the idea, but I think it should be a 2% bonus with a 6% cap..

Imagine a team of 5 with Death :D
Lol 85s with death..

Nvm support wut

(I'd like to point out that thats the mentality of every person who votes)

Ziaw
Premium Donator

Post by Ziaw » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:36 pm

This seems MORE than fair. I love it.
but botting is bad and you should NEVER do it