Clan PVM loot

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

+3% damage dealt for every nearby clan member (cap at +12%)?

Yes
68%
No, lower the bonus
3%
No, up the bonus
13%
No, leave everything as it is
14%
No, I have an alternative suggestion posted below
1%

Total votes: 69

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Re: Clan PVM loot

Post by Pls senpai » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:43 am

Mike wrote:
Wildprincess wrote:My mind... Trying to do maths at 3:40 am is not an easy task xD. Forgive my mistakes, please <3
No problem.

Also, who the hell are you? I hate it when people change both avatar and name but have 2000+ posts and I have no clue who they are.
Can i bring back Twerksumthin?

:(

Alex
Premium Donator

Post by Alex » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:44 am

I like this idea. It will help out all of the clans.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:44 am

Wildprincess wrote:I'm a wild princess, known as b0rnt0b3pk or sick ownage.
Oh, that guy :P

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:45 am

Mike wrote:
Wildprincess wrote:I'm a wild princess, known as b0rnt0b3pk or sick ownage.
Oh, that guy :P
Yes, that newfag and unknown guy that people hate and love relationship with :)
ImageImage

Rookie

Post by 9875 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:03 am

Just throwing out my opinion, your idea is great also. But what if the other cc is filled with better
equipped people and the opposing cc isn't.

Why not boost drops rates instead, not by a lot but small enough so that it the
whole people in the area of clan chat can get a chance to obtain rares?

And correct me if I'm wrong, the loot share system right now require you to be ranked in order to
be a part of the loot share?

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:18 am

9875 wrote:Just throwing out my opinion, your idea is great also. But what if the other cc is filled with better

And correct me if I'm wrong, the loot share system right now require you to be ranked in order to
The drops are boosted if there are clan members near, and the lootshare system is dependent on the clan owner setting it to a specific rank.

Explanations here:

Rookie

Post by 9875 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:28 am

Post whore wrote:
9875 wrote:Just throwing out my opinion, your idea is great also. But what if the other cc is filled with better

The drops are boosted if there are clan members near, and the lootshare system is dependent on the clan owner setting it to a specific rank.

Explanations here:

Oh, didn't know about that thanks.

A s r i e l
Donator

Post by A s r i e l » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:47 am

It's a great idea mike, but I'd say boost it by just one more point, to 4% per. Clan PvM'ing is a huge thing, and in the example you gave on the previous thread, the other people only beat the death morpher by a cusp.
Great Solid idea though. +1, A+, Good work.

Alex123456
Premium Donator

Post by Alex123456 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:59 am

I voted 'yes'; being an active member of a clan, I feel this would encourage pvming as a team.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 pm

I still don't understand why it needs changing. I like his idea, it is a good one. However, I can guarantee I can crash a clan of Pernix and Divines at Nex using Void and Rune C'bow. Giving them a 12% damage boost would just make it almost impossible for me to solo still. I mean, I will hit just about outhit them 90% of the time but not if they're dealing a possible 12% more damage. If they then copied my cheap setup, to ensure I can't crash, along with their 12% boost, I would have no chance at all and I might as well give up. If none of my clan are online or wish to help, I'm screwed. If I tell them there are 5 maxed out players, they will think 'No chance, they have great gear and a great bonus'. This could easily backfire and make clans with better gear end up giving NO ONE else a chance at all.

If a bonus is a must, it really shouldn't be more than 2% per extra person, and should be capped after 5 people, at 10%. Although, I'd prefer it to be capped slightly lower.

Don't get me wrong, I DO like the thought this suggestion, but cheap gear can already beat expensive gear. Expensive gear is basically like paying for efficiency, which is next to irrelevant when there are 5 people at a boss because of how much the damage dealt will already be split up.

I don't understand how, just because people don't know how to use their resources, which are available from 10h played or less, anything needs changing. The only bosses that are slightly harder to crash include Bandos + any other Melee killed boss. In those situations, better gear will usually have better strength bonus and win. I agree that can be seen as an issue, but if someone wants to solo a boss because their clan and friends are offline, why handicap them? Not to mention that they've worked for the gear. He will already have to hit consistently high to beat a clan of 5, whom have more chances of doing so, and now they will have a damage bonus to help them along...Interestingly, if he DID have his clan arrive, even in shit gear, his damage output would become far greater and no one else would get much chance.

I think it is great that we are trying to promote clans, and this idea is not a bad one. I do like it. I just want to point out some of the flaws with it.

*Oh, and will you implement a system then, so that you can't be counted as part of the clan nearby if you're outside the boss room, such as in GWD? I mean, you wouldn't actually be helping at all, you would only be acting as a damage booster.; I can see people getting clients up and going near the bosses to do this...at GWD it would certainly work.
Last edited by Rawr on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.