How does the new magic combat seem?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How does the new magic combat system feel?

Perfect
19%
Almost perfect
11%
Great but there's room for improvement
24%
Alright but could be much better
18%
Rather bad
4%
Really bad
24%

Total votes: 96

Sam is king
Novice

Re: How does the new magic combat seem?

Post by Sam is king » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:23 am

Tired wrote:Hunter please don't double post, especially when you try to bait Sam for petty stuff.
OT: It seems better, i'll test it more later.
It's Trent.
Crownhunter wrote:it seems decent, but having to re-click someone every time you switch combat styles is really annoying, especially when on a laptop and using a trackpad. Perhaps we could have a ::setting to turn that on and off?
This would definitely be a nice option, as it's all about preference.

Tater tots
Rookie

Post by Tater tots » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:14 am

Mike, let us do 10 way switching. Pking with mage is only bearable when you're deep pking because you can fc. Unless you let people do crazy switches, pking with mage at edge isn't a viable option.

EDIT: To the 9 who voted perfect, how many of you pk with mage at all?

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 am

Tater, I doubt any of them have even tried it extensively. I'll be on later today though, and you can see how fast you can down me ;)

4gottengodz
Champion

Post by 4gottengodz » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Crownhunter wrote:it seems decent, but having to re-click someone every time you switch combat styles is really annoying, especially when on a laptop and using a trackpad. Perhaps we could have a ::setting to turn that on and off?
I like it. It's just like RS.
Karl25 pk wrote:Shes bouncing on someones cock atm

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:32 pm

4gottengodz wrote:
I like it. It's just like RS.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I don't like it because I'm always on a laptop! I'd rather have the choice between a longer timer / no timer, depending on whether I'm using a mouse or trackpad.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:02 pm

It's one of those things of which I'm not even sure what exactly you're talking about, because I never pk'ed myself. A video to point out what exactly is the problem, would be most useful :)

The vaultboy

Post by The vaultboy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Mike wrote:
It's one of those things of which I'm not even sure what exactly you're talking about, because I never pk'ed myself. A video to point out what exactly is the problem, would be most useful :)
Mike you should spend an hour or two on the server pking :D

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Mike wrote:
It should continue to attack the player, instead you have to click again once you switch to melee.(at least I think this is what he's talking about)

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Feels wrote:
Mike wrote:
It should continue to attack the player, instead you have to click again once you switch to melee.(at least I think this is what he's talking about)

That is what I was talking about. However, it is how it should be according to RS and it is better this way for bridding. It just isn't better on laptop, which is why I asked if it could be something to toggle on/off in ::settings.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:20 pm

The vaultboy wrote:
Mike wrote:
Mike you should spend an hour or two on the server pking :D
I'm a horrible PK'er and woudl have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
I'd rage and end up using the ::kill command

Feels wrote: It should continue to attack the player, instead you have to click again once you switch to melee.(at least I think this is what he's talking about)

That explains it, thanks. And yeah, I'm sure I could make it a ::settings option if people want that.