How does the new magic combat seem?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How does the new magic combat system feel?

Perfect
19%
Almost perfect
11%
Great but there's room for improvement
24%
Alright but could be much better
18%
Rather bad
4%
Really bad
24%

Total votes: 96

Mike
Programmer

How does the new magic combat seem?

Post by Mike » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Today, the magic combat has been rebalanced, in accordance to the new combat system as it is on the test server. Melee and ranged combat have not yet been updated because the special attacks need to be rebalanced.

However, since magic seems to be the biggest problem in PkHonor and magic does not involve any special attacks, I believed it was time to release the new magic system on the real server. Please let me know what you think. If you didn't vote "perfect", please post why.

Note: magic in PVM has NOT been changed, only magic in PVP combat. Changes to PVM combat will be made later.

Sam is king
Novice

Re: How does the new magic combat seem?

Post by Sam is king » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Wouldn't know. I don't play since you banned my main. No reason to play; instead I became the best Nidalee NA.

Hunter3646
Rookie

Post by Hunter3646 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Sam is king wrote:Wouldn't know. I don't play since you banned my main. No reason to play; instead I became the best Nidalee NA.
its sad cuz you are just asking for an unban and makin mike feel guilty ^

Hunter3646
Rookie

Post by Hunter3646 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:48 pm

i voted in needs improvement due to the fact that magic will always be overpowered but releasing it to pvm will make it much better, thanks for the updates mike you are doing a great job! :mrgreen:

Poem
Wise One

Post by Poem » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Hunter please don't double post, especially when you try to bait Sam for petty stuff.
OT: It seems better, i'll test it more later.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:16 pm

it seems decent, but having to re-click someone every time you switch combat styles is really annoying, especially when on a laptop and using a trackpad. Perhaps we could have a ::setting to turn that on and off?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Crownhunter wrote:it seems decent, but having to re-click someone every time you switch combat styles is really annoying, especially when on a laptop and using a trackpad. Perhaps we could have a ::setting to turn that on and off?
Feel free to make suggestions about this in the Combat committee forum. As said, I'll be focusing mostly on the new staff control panel/website support system and combat in the weeks to come. Any input you can give in regards to combat is appreciated.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:31 am

Oh for fuck sakes.

I'm in this gear. If I'm attacking someone in rune who is praying magic, I hit more single digits then doubles.

That's my findings so far (two different fights).

EDIT: Just realized a bug thingy.

Make it so you can't drop-trade things in the wildy.

It's super annoying when someone opens up a second account and drop trades themselves 28 rocktails. [Broken System]
Last edited by Simon on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramadan
Champion

Post by Ramadan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:33 am

Mike wrote:
Crownhunter wrote:it seems decent, but having to re-click someone every time you switch combat styles is really annoying, especially when on a laptop and using a trackpad. Perhaps we could have a ::setting to turn that on and off?
Feel free to make suggestions about this in the Combat committee forum. As said, I'll be focusing mostly on the new staff control panel/website support system and combat in the weeks to come. Any input you can give in regards to combat is appreciated.
Will the public get to see (pictures) what these new staff panels look like? I'm going to take a run at the new magic system tonight!

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:05 am

Mr october wrote:Will the public get to see (pictures) what these new staff panels look like?!
^ that

Pretty curious honestly!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image