How does the new magic combat seem?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How does the new magic combat system feel?

Perfect
19%
Almost perfect
11%
Great but there's room for improvement
24%
Alright but could be much better
18%
Rather bad
4%
Really bad
24%

Total votes: 96

Lliilliill
Wise One

Re: How does the new magic combat seem?

Post by Lliilliill » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Feels wrote:
Mike wrote:
Crownhunter wrote:it seems decent, but having to re-click someone every time you switch combat styles is really annoying, especially when on a laptop and using a trackpad. Perhaps we could have a ::setting to turn that on and off?
It's one of those things of which I'm not even sure what exactly you're talking about, because I never pk'ed myself. A video to point out what exactly is the problem, would be most useful :)
It should continue to attack the player, instead you have to click again once you switch to melee.(at least I think this is what he's talking about)

Omg. L2 switch^

Rood
Wit
Blauw
Dit land is niet van jou

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Lliilliill wrote:Omg. L2 switch^
lol i can barely pk with just melee let alone brid

Rileyz

Post by Rileyz » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 am

Is it just me or does zuriels staff hit way too consistent still?

Lliilliill
Wise One

Post by Lliilliill » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:27 am

Accismus wrote:Is it just me or does zuriels staff hit way too consistent still?
The spell you could use with z staff is just awsome.

Okay time 2 sleep bai bai

Rood
Wit
Blauw
Dit land is niet van jou

Phillip
Premium Donator

Post by Phillip » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:12 pm

IVe been pking a lot with mage since this, mage update has improved mage pking A TON one thing that would be nice is fixing the following when the are frozen makes it easier to switch to melee instead of switching then attacking or having to click near the person to get close to melee good update thogh!

Tater tots
Rookie

Post by Tater tots » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:51 am

Feels wrote:
Lliilliill wrote:Omg. L2 switch^
lol i can barely pk with just melee let alone brid
It's impossible to switch because people complained and Mike changed it so we can't do 8 way switching. Which is why you rarely see hybrids and usually see people in rune.

4gottengodz
Champion

Post by 4gottengodz » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:31 am

I'm bridding better with the new system but I can see how it's annoying to others. Think Mike is working on that tho.

As for my findings: The magic system does look better (Based on hits, refreezes), but one of the biggest flaws is the pathing. I still lose my targets because my character does not follow my target properly. When you Mage, you should be able to instantly follow your target to keep hitting. However, in-game my target can run a few blocks without me moving when I'm trying to catch a new freeze.
Also, the hits of magic are fine right now on itself, but I did find out that it's way too accurate on armors with high Magic Defence. I've tested Ice Barrage on Pernix, Armadyl and Black D'hide armors and more than half of the time I hit over 20. Also, even though Pernix did block more damage than the other armors, the difference is minor, making Black D'hide almost as good as Pernix. This looks more like a flaw in Armor Defences to me but the stats of the armors are exactly like they're supposed to be. I don't know what is causing it but I do know for sure that I'm nowhere near this accurate on actual RS.
Karl25 pk wrote:Shes bouncing on someones cock atm

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:39 am

4gottengodz wrote:I'm bridding better with the new system but I can see how it's annoying to others. Think Mike is working on that tho.

As for my findings: The magic system does look better (Based on hits, refreezes), but one of the biggest flaws is the pathing. I still lose my targets because my character does not follow my target properly. When you Mage, you should be able to instantly follow your target to keep hitting. However, in-game my target can run a few blocks without me moving when I'm trying to catch a new freeze.
Also, the hits of magic are fine right now on itself, but I did find out that it's way too accurate on armors with high Magic Defence. I've tested Ice Barrage on Pernix, Armadyl and Black D'hide armors and more than half of the time I hit over 20. Also, even though Pernix did block more damage than the other armors, the difference is minor, making Black D'hide almost as good as Pernix. This looks more like a flaw in Armor Defences to me but the stats of the armors are exactly like they're supposed to be. I don't know what is causing it but I do know for sure that I'm nowhere near this accurate on actual RS.
The following system is a problem caused by our noclipping fixed. I'm still working on that but it's very tricky to get it right.

Thank you for your feedback though, perhaps I should make a small change to equipment with high magic armor and make it a little more effective. That might do the trick to make it more balanced and increase the effectiveness of more expensive gear.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:52 am

Simon wrote:...
Thanks, dealt with

Goku
Wise One

Post by Goku » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:06 am

Mike wrote:
Simon wrote:...