Clan channel advertisement

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Keep the 'no advertising a CC on yell other than your own' rule?

Yes, keep the rule
66%
No, remove the rule
26%
No, change the rule (post your suggestion below)
8%

Total votes: 65

Mike
Programmer

Re: Clan channel advertisement

Post by Mike » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Mr etho wrote:You Can advertise the Clan Chat IF you are on the Same Ip as the Owner of the Clan chat.
Thats just my idea :D
It's hard to determine whether someone is on the same IP of the clan owner or not, so I think it's better to only allow advertising from the owner's account.

Edisdnilb wrote:As of right now, mods mute for just saying the clan name even if you arent tryin to 'advertise'. We should be able to say our clan name, without gettin a mute.
Also idk how far this will go but i think if a clan of 5 or so yells "#tk" it should be okay:) i believe it adds more competition and this is a competitive game, especially pking
That's a misunderstanding within the staff team - we don't allow explicit clan advertisement such as 'join clan x' or 'it's good to be in clan y'. Other than that, anything related to clans is allowed on yell as long as it isn't offensive in any way ('clan z sucks' for example is not allowed). Apparently some of our moderators aren't aware of that, this should now be in order. If someone says something good about a clan such as 'yay we just won a war with clan z', this shouldn't be considered spam.

I have already sent a PM to all staff members to clarify this, and to explain that they should not mute for yells in regards to discussing a clan over yell or mentioning its name.

Edisdnilb
Wise One

Post by Edisdnilb » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:35 pm

Mike wrote:
Mr etho wrote:You Can advertise the Clan Chat IF you are on the Same Ip as the Owner of the Clan chat.
Thats just my idea :D
It's hard to determine whether someone is on the same IP of the clan owner or not, so I think it's better to only allow advertising from the owner's account.

Edisdnilb wrote:As of right now, mods mute for just saying the clan name even if you arent tryin to 'advertise'. We should be able to say our clan name, without gettin a mute.
Also idk how far this will go but i think if a clan of 5 or so yells "#tk" it should be okay:) i believe it adds more competition and this is a competitive game, especially pking
That's a misunderstanding within the staff team - we don't allow explicit clan advertisement such as 'join clan x' or 'it's good to be in clan y'. Other than that, anything related to clans is allowed on yell as long as it isn't offensive in any way ('clan z sucks' for example is not allowed). Apparently some of our moderators aren't aware of that, this should now be in order. If someone says something good about a clan such as 'yay we just won a war with clan z', this shouldn't be considered spam.

I have already sent a PM to all staff members to clarify this, and to explain that they should not mute for yells in regards to discussing a clan over yell or mentioning its name.

Mike2clutch

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Edisdnilb wrote: Mike2clutch
Wut?

I lift bro

Post by I lift bro » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Mike wrote:
Wut?
" Mike is too good to handle this"
Maurits wrote:Had to write an apology letter to a sporthall where'd we go with school because I placed table under the showers, then turned all of the showers on and then just left.

Alcoholking6
Wise One

Post by Alcoholking6 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:03 pm

I get muted for asking someone that's in my clan buts not in cc at the time to join back. Bs

Vndy
Known Venturer

Post by Vndy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Keep the rule, people advertising clan channel are annoying.

Image Image

Edisdnilb
Wise One

Post by Edisdnilb » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:20 pm

I lift bro wrote:
Mike wrote:
Wut?
" Mike is too good to handle this"
Lol^tru

Mike2clueless :)

K9k9k9k9k
Rookie

Post by K9k9k9k9k » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:43 am

Competition isn't allowed on PkHonor.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:09 am

K9k9k9k9k wrote:

Competition isn't allowed on PkHonor.
Neither are you.

4 n

Post by 4 n » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:41 am

Mike wrote:In order to reduce the amount of spam on the yell channel, the law "no advertising a clan channel on yell unless it's your own" was introduced quite some time ago. However, there has been a lot of controversy over this and a lot of people seem to disagree with the rule.

Therefore, I wanted to ask for your opinion: do you think this rule should be revoked in order to make our rules simpler (+ freedom of speech) or should we keep it to make sure yell doesn't get spammed with clan channel advertisement? Or do you have alternative suggestions in regards to this?

Please note that this poll will NOT determine whether we will keep the law or not, I simply want to know what the opinion of the community is on this. Whether it will stay, be removed or be changed will be decided by myself, but getting the players their opinion will help me to make that decision.
You're categorizing all clan advertisement as spam, which a majority of it isn't.

What has been suggested before, and here again(by me) is that you make an official "clan advertisement clan" in which there is free advertisement of your clan/friends clan within reason.

It'd be very easy to run, and I'm sure you could find a volunteer to help moderate the chat, as I don't know if any current Moderators/Administrators would want to deal with the added stress of having to take care of more than one clan chat.