Clan channel advertisement

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Keep the 'no advertising a CC on yell other than your own' rule?

Yes, keep the rule
66%
No, remove the rule
26%
No, change the rule (post your suggestion below)
8%

Total votes: 65

Megumin
Honor Player

Re: Clan channel advertisement

Post by Megumin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:20 am

Is yelling #Clanname legal or not?

Iraq
Premium Donator

Post by Iraq » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:46 am

I would like to openly talk about clans over the yell channel without being muted for advertising when I'm just conversing. Just revise the rule a bit and it'll be golden.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Iraq wrote:I would like to openly talk about clans over the yell channel without being muted for advertising when I'm just conversing. Just revise the rule a bit and it'll be golden.
That's what we intend to do - only clear advertisement will not be allowed, but mentioning a clan or discussing it (respectfully) will be allowed.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:17 pm

4 n wrote:
Mike wrote:In order to reduce the amount of spam on the yell channel, the law "no advertising a clan channel on yell unless it's your own" was introduced quite some time ago. However, there has been a lot of controversy over this and a lot of people seem to disagree with the rule.

Therefore, I wanted to ask for your opinion: do you think this rule should be revoked in order to make our rules simpler (+ freedom of speech) or should we keep it to make sure yell doesn't get spammed with clan channel advertisement? Or do you have alternative suggestions in regards to this?

Please note that this poll will NOT determine whether we will keep the law or not, I simply want to know what the opinion of the community is on this. Whether it will stay, be removed or be changed will be decided by myself, but getting the players their opinion will help me to make that decision.
You're categorizing all clan advertisement as spam, which a majority of it isn't.

What has been suggested before, and here again(by me) is that you make an official "clan advertisement clan" in which there is free advertisement of your clan/friends clan within reason.

It'd be very easy to run, and I'm sure you could find a volunteer to help moderate the chat, as I don't know if any current Moderators/Administrators would want to deal with the added stress of having to take care of more than one clan chat.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:12 am

4 n wrote: You're categorizing all clan advertisement as spam, which a majority of it isn't.

What has been suggested before, and here again(by me) is that you make an official "clan advertisement clan" in which there is free advertisement of your clan/friends clan within reason.

It'd be very easy to run, and I'm sure you could find a volunteer to help moderate the chat, as I don't know if any current Moderators/Administrators would want to deal with the added stress of having to take care of more than one clan chat.
Not a half bad idea. I'll have ask the staff for their opinion on this first though, since they'll be the ones to moderate it after all (to keep hatred and offensive language out of the cc).

Ziaw
Premium Donator

Post by Ziaw » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:25 am

I say keep the rule as is. It keeps yell channel cleaner and less baiting by pking clans doing hashtags over yell and whatnot.
but botting is bad and you should NEVER do it

Tobias
Honor Player

Post by Tobias » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Post whore wrote:
4 n wrote:
Mike wrote:In order to reduce the amount of spam on the yell channel, the law "no advertising a clan channel on yell unless it's your own" was introduced quite some time ago. However, there has been a lot of controversy over this and a lot of people seem to disagree with the rule.

Therefore, I wanted to ask for your opinion: do you think this rule should be revoked in order to make our rules simpler (+ freedom of speech) or should we keep it to make sure yell doesn't get spammed with clan channel advertisement? Or do you have alternative suggestions in regards to this?

Please note that this poll will NOT determine whether we will keep the law or not, I simply want to know what the opinion of the community is on this. Whether it will stay, be removed or be changed will be decided by myself, but getting the players their opinion will help me to make that decision.
You're categorizing all clan advertisement as spam, which a majority of it isn't.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

I'm gone.

Kingz

Post by Kingz » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:18 am

pass the law!

Ceo
Honor Player

Post by Ceo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:32 am

when i advertise four minutes and fifty nine seconds after my first advertisement, i get shit for it, even though the five minute rule isn't technically a rule anymore, according to the new rules of course.

Shout out to that one guy for being the best mod ever.
Stop creeping on my siggy
Ceo's Q&A
Moni Pls

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 am

yes, the rule is in place for a reason. keeping is a good idea.