Honors in PVM: lootshare or not in the Honor world?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should honors be able to use lootshare in the honor world?

Yes, allow honors to aid their clan
61%
No, this ruins it for other players and clans
37%
I don't care either way
2%

Total votes: 93

Mike
Programmer

Honors in PVM: lootshare or not in the Honor world?

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Lately, there has been a lot of controversy around honor players. A lot of players seem to purchase the rank in order to help out their other account (or their clan) with PVM (player versus monster), by dealing damage to monsters, tanking damage or assisting with lootshare. We heard that this disturbs the PVM experience of other players, by stealing loot or giving clans an unfair advantage over others.

On the other hand, if we restricted honors from PVM, the rank would be much less valuable (would only be for looks) and few people would want to buy them anymore - thereby also crashing its prices. People who have honors right now would feel ripped off for the high price they paid for it.

Therefore, we decided to give our players the best of both world: welcome the Honor world!

As of the next update, honors will no longer be able to attack monsters in the normal world, nor being able to tank damage or take part in lootshare.
However, we have added a second 'world' (at another height level, similar to the oldschool wilderness), where Honor players CAN attack and tank monsters. Both players and honor players can get there through a teleport spell in their spellbook.
The drawback of doing PVM on this world, is that monster droprates are 50% lower. Since honor accounts can easily deal great amounts of damage, it's much easier for players with honors to kill monsters.

I do understand that this still a restriction to honors as to what they can currently do, but as a compensation, honors will be able to build the biggest and most awesome houses because they can spawn all the materials they need! I would say that's a very nice feature for honors on its own.

One thing needs to be decided yet though: should honors be able to partake in lootshare in the honor world or not?
(honors won't be able to use lootshare in the normal world either way)

I am jeremy

Re: Honors in PVM: lootshare or not in the Honor world?

Post by I am jeremy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:30 pm

I don't see why not.
Some people buy honors and save up for them simply to help out their clan members and main accounts. Let them use it imo.

Infection
Wise One

Post by Infection » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:32 pm

With 50% drop reduction at another height it sounds good. Otherwise it ruins the experience for other and the economy.

Tobias
Honor Player

Post by Tobias » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:37 pm

I don't see any problem anymore, with the 50% reduction I fully support this idea.

Great job Mike, again, gogogogo. :D
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

I'm gone.

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:15 am

The honor world has a 30% less droprate? Or how much was it again?

I think with this restriction lootshare should be able to be used. Don't forget there is always a chance that a honor will get the drop ;)

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:43 am

Eh, I guess it's a fair compromise. I'd rather have them not lootshare at all, or even have the status removed completely, but this is probably the 'fairest' option. Not allowing Honors to PVM on the normal world is a very good move though :)

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:46 am

Good.

Now I can just use my honor to troll people in the wild.

Nothing else to do with it after you remove my money making methods. ;)

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:57 am

The point in going to this world would be....? (If they can't ls there)

Skiller fab
Wise One

Post by Skiller fab » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:24 pm

N01 gonna use honor anymore. Not needed to scout since n01 pks. Can't pk with it because n0 honor pks. I think you should refund a honor status for free to the people who really don't want this/

Achievements

See how Adam get unbanned [ ]
See how Dreamz get cleaned [ ]

RIP HAMADE 2013 29 August.:(

Markymark
Helper

Post by Markymark » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:22 pm

50% reduction is kinda harsh. Honors kill npc's as fast as reg players do. Not like we can 1 hit npc for a 50% reduction. Only difference is the ::food and ::pray command. I think for the update, ::food should be taken out, keep pray, and make the drop deduction around 10% or something. 50 is just a bit too much.