Ironman and instanced bosses in the wilderness

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should other players be able to attack Irons while they fight an instanced boss?

Yes, simply move all spawn locations to multi-combat zones
37%
Yes, keep them in single zones but allow others to defy the rules of single-combat zones and always allow them to 'PJ' an Iron from their boss
12%
No, keep it as it is - the risk for Irons should in between boss kills
51%

Total votes: 41

Wir3d
Honor Player

Re: Ironman and instanced bosses in the wilderness

Post by Wir3d » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:04 am

normal spawn timer for ww is 10 mins i think isnt it? and 20-25 secs for ele and kbd. Not sure, can anyone confirm it.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:05 am

Theres no risk for irons as it is now anyways..they just tele with glory instantly. Just put a summoner around the same areas as reg bosses and make it whatever combat that boss is along with the same spawn time. It shouldn't be any different from regular players.

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:02 am

Make KBD lair a singles zone and implement the proper multi lines as seen in OSRS (below). PKers shouldn't have this much of a say in what goes in PVM wise because there's nothing saying "yes I **have** to kill this person". It's not bad if someone can be safe whilst PVMing in the wilderness. No one is forcing you to go to summoner locations and wait around for an ironman so that you can kill him for dhides. Just see my other post for preventing xfer of WW acquired items and all will be well. :#: :#:

PKing won't become bigger if more PVMers die due to the introduction of new bosses (revs, vene, frosts, glacors) but I don't think people actually understand that considering that only a handful of people PK in deep wild.

Just decrease the barriers to entry for PKing altogether.

With regard to the WW issue and ironmen, just have summoners representative of like 50 wild, 40 wild, 30 wild, 20 wild and 10 wild to correlate with the spawns that we currently have for regular players.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:14 am

My opinions are aimed towards the server/gameplay, not pking.

There's no reason why a normal account has to grind out (sometimes 100's) of chaos elemental kills for a pet in 50 wildy in multi. While an ironman can kill them in lvl 22 singles, and teleport away instantly from any white dot. KBD also applies. I mean shit, that 10 second run from your teleport spot to KBD lair was more risky that it is now.

And I also agree multi lines should be the same as OSRS but sadly WW fucks that up.