Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade items away?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade any items?

No, not at all (how it currently is)
51%
Yes, except of course for the ironman-only high/elite clue casket items
49%

Total votes: 73

Ruler
Honor Player

Re: Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade items away?

Post by Ruler » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:25 am

Kishan wrote:
Blahblahdie wrote:I understand that, and I'm not entirely disagreeing with you. I posted that statement as an example of something that is capable of happening from the current way that it is.
To myself, (who rarely plays) I don't have an issue with it.

There's so many ways and points to argue over how beneficial this would be torward the eco, and pking aspect.
Wouldn't effect the pvmers (current state), but could also be seen as a positive if we tweak the alch price a bit.

Same scenario could be used torward a lot of the things being drop traded.
It's why I mentioned that barrows etc is fine. PKing would be grest if newer players could afford gear and the price of whips etc was reduced. However droptrading customs is a different issue since they were added to the elite droptable specifically for ironmen, whilst both ironmen and mains find it equally easy to obtain the elites.
Agreed. But that's not Mike's point here. As he said, this is not about customs or other things ironman can get from a clue other players can't. It's about stuff like bandos etc. I do agree that a lower price for barrows would be better for PKing, but this is not the way to get there imo. Higher the chances of getting barrows, not giving people the opportunity to use their ironman to get more of these items. Lower the alch price as well because barrows should be sold to people, not alched =]

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:42 am

Oh myb I thought this was the thread regarding the people that droptraded the customs etc.

But items above say 200m shouldnt be able to be drop traded simply because ironmen need to appreciate that the price differentials for BIS gear are insane. Steads cost around 3000x more than d boots for a +1 str bonus and bandos is inflated to 1b a piece when barrows equipment does the same thing. Ironmen shouldnt be able to benefit from this and their alch prices shouldnt come from ::prices either.

Honor claw
Known Venturer

Post by Honor claw » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Don't like it that way.

Legen dary
Premium Donator

Post by Legen dary » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:10 am

While I don't feel drop trading AWAY from Ironman for items of lesser value would inherently hurt anything, it kind of ruins the point of making an Ironman dude in the first place IMO.

Babe
Wise One

Post by Babe » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:45 am

Legen dary wrote:While I don't feel drop trading AWAY from Ironman for items of lesser value would inherently hurt anything, it kind of ruins the point of making an Ironman dude in the first place IMO.
"Iron Man Mode
Challenge yourself in Iron Man mode with restrictions in place for the hardcore players"

Cat walk
Rookie

Post by Cat walk » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:52 am

Let them drop items.

Aux cord
Premium Donator

Post by Aux cord » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:06 am

don't really understand the reason why instance bosses make ironmen OP, it's definitely more convienient, but that doesn't mean you have any advantage over other players... you're still an ironman - you have to work for every single thing.

My point is this - ironmen should be able to droptrade and lose items because a) no one is going to create an ironman account and gather enough skill to farm bandos for their main accounts because you might as well just go to bandos on your main, no?
b) i want the loot from ironmen in wilderness