Active playerbase

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Active playerbase

Post by Mitrovic » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:44 pm

So today I had a conversation with a new player, who asked how many active players we have, not just how much there are online at this moment. I think it's interesting to know.

@Rapsey Can you provide us with an insight of how many different IP's we have that log in - let's say - atleast once a week?

Markymark
Premium Donator

Re: Active playerbase

Post by Markymark » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:41 pm

Many still active players, even more active banned users, all players have and or use 2 to 5 accounts per game session, some up to 8, sooo if I were to guess....13 players! Lol jk but it is a good question. I do see a lot of old timers that stayed, meaning new comers should have the same experience the many of us did almost coming 10 years. Player counts have dropped, but loyalty hasnt, which is good! I dont see many new players that have stayed compared to the people that joined during my time away. But one of these updates will make them all come back! (:

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:42 pm

Markymark wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:41 pm Many still active players, even more active banned users, all players have and or use 2 to 5 accounts per game session, some up to 8, sooo if I were to guess....13 players! Lol jk but it is a good question. I do see a lot of old timers that stayed, meaning new comers should have the same experience the many of us did almost coming 10 years. Player counts have dropped, but loyalty hasnt, which is good! I dont see many new players that have stayed compared to the people that joined during my time away. But one of these updates will make them all come back! (:
Active banned users?

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:41 pm

~400+ unique IPs connect to the game server on a peak day (Sunday), at least as of a few months ago

Ryun
Premium Donator

Post by Ryun » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:21 am

Raj wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:41 pm ~400+ unique IPs connect to the game server on a peak day (Sunday), at least as of a few months ago
sunday is more of a peak day than saturday for pkh? any idea why?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:39 am

Ryun wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:21 am
Raj wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:41 pm ~400+ unique IPs connect to the game server on a peak day (Sunday), at least as of a few months ago
Godless heathens wont go to church on sundays anymore so are spending their hours on pkhonor while having their satanic orgies on saturday

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:49 pm

I assume more people go out than game on Friday/Saturday nights. Sunday’s encourage gaming but everyone’s home for work the next day

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:19 pm

Raj wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:49 pm
I assume more people go out than game on Friday/Saturday nights. Sunday’s encourage gaming but everyone’s home for work the next day
Yeah agree, more people online but probs less overall time played for the day

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:47 pm

Vpns, most of the vets make new accounts. Whether its to reprogress, or avoid an ip punishment. I cant say how many times I heard the line, "I just came back again". Its most likely someone whose always been here, and thise that do return, are the really old players that think about their old friends and great server they used to play. If a genuine new account logs in for 3 weeks, then says theyre "Taking a break" thats code for either irl business, which is understandable, or time to find a new server/hobby. I wouldnt doubt theres 400+ different people that play, nothing compares to the 3-400 active users we used to have daily, which now turned into weekly, if not monthly if you think of every account you see, them having atleast 1 honor, and 1 other alt such as a mercher, banker, skiller, or ironman. I think we need to revise the advertisement of the server again, make ot more appealable. When was the last time PKH had a trailer or a welcome video on youtube to attract new players from the younger generation? All I see is custom rsps trailers that look garbage. Im sure if we release another welcoming video for others to see, new updated content and whatnot, we just might be able to get the playerbase we once had. And the donations, as I know now and days, economy is so messed up, theres a lack of donations I would assume, and props to Mike for keeping it all together despite so we are able to still be here. I think ryan or church should host a youtuber event, in who can make the best welcoming video to upload for new players or potential players to see. I remember we used to do that back in the day before youtuber rank was a thing, people would be gifted items for their contribution.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:43 pm

Markymark wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:47 pm
Vpns, most of the vets make new accounts. Whether its to reprogress, or avoid an ip punishment. I cant say how many times I heard the line, "I just came back again". Its most likely someone whose always been here, and thise that do return, are the really old players that think about their old friends and great server they used to play. If a genuine new account logs in for 3 weeks, then says theyre "Taking a break" thats code for either irl business, which is understandable, or time to find a new server/hobby. I wouldnt doubt theres 400+ different people that play, nothing compares to the 3-400 active users we used to have daily, which now turned into weekly, if not monthly if you think of every account you see, them having atleast 1 honor, and 1 other alt such as a mercher, banker, skiller, or ironman. I think we need to revise the advertisement of the server again, make ot more appealable. When was the last time PKH had a trailer or a welcome video on youtube to attract new players from the younger generation? All I see is custom rsps trailers that look garbage. Im sure if we release another welcoming video for others to see, new updated content and whatnot, we just might be able to get the playerbase we once had. And the donations, as I know now and days, economy is so messed up, theres a lack of donations I would assume, and props to Mike for keeping it all together despite so we are able to still be here. I think ryan or church should host a youtuber event, in who can make the best welcoming video to upload for new players or potential players to see. I remember we used to do that back in the day before youtuber rank was a thing, people would be gifted items for their contribution.
"Monthly" is pushing it don't you think?

I agree that the server is will past its prime in terms of player count, and I agree strongly that we should make competitions with rewards for folks that advertise the server and bring it popularity. The compromise has been commemorating their efforts through something like a Youtuber rank, but that should be entirely independent of things like 'Server trailer competitions' and the like.

People used to vote on which was their favorite, and which would be used. The logo was decided by the community, the client background was decided by the community, and people won competitions to make it happen... It's one of the many elements of what made the community feel much more tight knit. At the very least, the motto isn't that PkHonor is a 'community driven private server' anymore, which used to be an honest take on the server in many respects. I don't think it's intentional as a change, but I do think the transition is worth elucidating as a concept. The flipside is that someone has to run all of this, but I do think there are plenty of active, trustworthy individuals who could do it if they were willing.