personal lag in game

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Pk gts
Honor Player

personal lag in game

Post by Pk gts » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:24 pm

i keep lagging every few seconds like in the video i attached, it makes it really difficult to pvm

i dont think its my entire network because i have had pkhonor and osrs open at the same time and only pkh will lag, ive had my pc and my laptop running pkh at the same time and they lag so its not like wifi vs ethernet thats the issue, my other video games like apex and destiny dont lag shiiiiii ionno what to do.

https://youtu.be/DiMXG_XXAKw

Lykos
Premium Donator

Re: personal lag in game

Post by Lykos » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:45 pm

A couple things to try:
1. Completely remove any trace of PKH from your computer and reinstall a fresh copy. Try and see if there is a difference between the Windows Installer and Portable Client
2. Do a hard reboot on your router/modem. If you are using a mesh network, make sure to update that to the latest version and reboot it as well.
3. If possible, check to see if your issue persists on other laptops/computers within your home.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:12 pm

I fixed the quote for you:
Lykos wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:45 pm 1. Completely remove any trace of PKH from your computer.

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:34 pm

Lykos wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:45 pm A couple things to try:
1. Completely remove any trace of PKH from your computer and reinstall a fresh copy. Try and see if there is a difference between the Windows Installer and Portable Client
2. Do a hard reboot on your router/modem. If you are using a mesh network, make sure to update that to the latest version and reboot it as well.
3. If possible, check to see if your issue persists on other laptops/computers within your home.
I'll try the first thing but I already tried 3 with my pc and laptop, both have the issue and the spikes are actually at the same time. I dont have access to my modem since it splits to all the other units in my building.

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:21 am

Brant wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:12 pm I fixed the quote for you:
Lykos wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:45 pm 1. Completely remove any trace of PKH from your computer.
:omegalul:
Pk gts wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:34 pm I'll try the first thing but I already tried 3 with my pc and laptop, both have the issue and the spikes are actually at the same time. I dont have access to my modem since it splits to all the other units in my building.
In that case it definitely sounds like a network issue. You may not have access to your modem but what about your router? I've had a similar issue like this before and just doing a reset seemed to fix whatever issue my network had trying to connect to PkH.
(There should be a tiny red reset button that you press and hold, if not just unplug the router for like 5 minutes and then plug it back in to boot up)
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:26 am

I turned on my school vpn that i use to access paywall articles and now i am not having any lag spikes, what can i learn from this that i can use to make it so i dont have the spikes even without the firewall?

Supertuppers
Honor Player

Post by Supertuppers » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:08 pm

Pk gts wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:24 pm https://youtu.be/DiMXG_XXAKw
Pk run run... l0l man I even told you to run when I was too late lmao
ImageImage

Bamf status
Premium Donator

Post by Bamf status » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:38 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one facing this issue. For you, is it only on Olm that you have this issue? I personally have dced on olm around 30 times since the CoX release, and have not dced while doing anything else in pkhonor. 1 time out of those 30 or so it was my internet. Every other time, it was a pkhonor issue. I re-installed, re loaded client, etc. but one person was saying it was a known issue to disconnect the client when there are "too many hitsplats" registering. Not sure how much of that is true but within our cc raiding, many of us have disconnected on olm and olm only.
---They Aint gonna give it to you, so go take it---

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:19 pm

Bamf status wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:38 pm Glad to see I'm not the only one facing this issue. For you, is it only on Olm that you have this issue? I personally have dced on olm around 30 times since the CoX release, and have not dced while doing anything else in pkhonor. 1 time out of those 30 or so it was my internet. Every other time, it was a pkhonor issue. I re-installed, re loaded client, etc. but one person was saying it was a known issue to disconnect the client when there are "too many hitsplats" registering. Not sure how much of that is true but within our cc raiding, many of us have disconnected on olm and olm only.
no its the entire game doesnt matter where i go, will even happen in interfaces like the bank and ge where it will just not respond for a few seconds

Whiist
Premium Donator

Post by Whiist » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:48 pm

Brant wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:12 pm I fixed the quote for you:
:kekw: