personal lag in game

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Supertuppers
Honor Player

Re: personal lag in game

Post by Supertuppers » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:41 am

Bamf status wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:38 pm Glad to see I'm not the only one facing this issue. For you, is it only on Olm that you have this issue? I personally have dced on olm around 30 times since the CoX release, and have not dced while doing anything else in pkhonor. 1 time out of those 30 or so it was my internet. Every other time, it was a pkhonor issue. I re-installed, re loaded client, etc. but one person was saying it was a known issue to disconnect the client when there are "too many hitsplats" registering. Not sure how much of that is true but within our cc raiding, many of us have disconnected on olm and olm only.
Now you mention this I have seen a few people dc when they have crossed the tightrope in cox actually happened to me on the tightrope once also.
ImageImage

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:20 am

Supertuppers wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:41 am
Bamf status wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:38 pm Glad to see I'm not the only one facing this issue. For you, is it only on Olm that you have this issue? I personally have dced on olm around 30 times since the CoX release, and have not dced while doing anything else in pkhonor. 1 time out of those 30 or so it was my internet. Every other time, it was a pkhonor issue. I re-installed, re loaded client, etc. but one person was saying it was a known issue to disconnect the client when there are "too many hitsplats" registering. Not sure how much of that is true but within our cc raiding, many of us have disconnected on olm and olm only.
Now you mention this I have seen a few people dc when they have crossed the tightrope in cox actually happened to me on the tightrope once also.
My whole client freezes when doing any action over the tightrope

Supertuppers
Honor Player

Post by Supertuppers » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:35 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:20 am
Supertuppers wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:41 am
My whole client freezes when doing any action over the tightrope
I also had a huge dc on olm head again today but weird thing was I had two clients open and one account was scaling and never froze at all I was able to see my self kind of moving from the other client was really strange
ImageImage

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:48 pm

wat can i do so this stops happening

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:47 am

Pk gts wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:48 pm wat can i do so this stops happening
are you friendly with @Nazuths? I made fun of that little bitch a few times and the following weeks I had massive lag spikes every day...

Markymark
Helper

Post by Markymark » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:55 am

Hes probably using resizeable client. I find that to make me lag by about a tick, 2 is in a laggy spot like olm fight. I find using fixed game client to be more responsive and also more benefitial with your mouse having to move less at the cost of some vision game render.

If youre lagging with fixed graphics, you can also right click your desktop, click properties, on the top youll see icons you can click...click details, find java client in the list of things running on your pc. Right click on the right side where you see processing speed and hover over priorities, click high or realtime to give your pc cpu into focusing only on the client itself.

If all else fails, see if you have pc updates by manually checking for updates (Even if you have automatic updates enabled). If an update is needed, update it and restart pc.

Lastly you should do as said, delete cache and any file having to do with pkhonor, and reinstall everything.

If youre still lagging, you must be running youtube too much and your pc is getting outdated like mine. If you see streamers playing osrs compared to you on your 10 year old pc, It doesnt process as clean and fast as the streamer. As games are advancing, so does their processing requirements. I think its time for both of us to upgrade our pcs :D

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:47 pm

Markymark wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:55 am Right click on the right side where you see processing speed and hover over priorities, click high or realtime to give your pc cpu into focusing only on the client itself.

Uh just a heads up, do not give anything realtime priority on Windows unless you know what you're doing.

Audio, graphics rendering for your OS, mouse input, keyboard input, etc are all things that truly require realtime priority (well, sort of, it is complicated) and its a delicate balance. Giving something like a game realtime priority can lead to some funky shit happening: From "slower" performance because now your inputs are all messed up and delayed, to even being unable to do anything & requiring you to pull the plug on your pc, because you just told your system that it can ignore your inputs as long as it has something to process. There's a reason you need elevated privileges (admin) to even put an application on that priority level. Realtime means that nothing happens before whatever is on realtime has finished. As far as I recall PKH can be a bit "greedy"/intense with its CPU usage at times (like when launching the client, which is perfectly normal) so its more likely scenario #2 will happen where you have to pull the plug because nothing will react.

Other important Windows threads/processes run at High so even that isn't recommended for user applications. Best to stick to putting the priority on "above normal", which in theory should prioritize anything you've put on your computer yourself: From your ancient adware program to YouTube running in the background.

The other advice is solid though, and even on a decent PC i've noticed that the resizable client can lag a bit.

Markymark
Helper

Post by Markymark » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:55 pm

Fungamer wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:47 pm
Markymark wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:55 am Right click on the right side where you see processing speed and hover over priorities, click high or realtime to give your pc cpu into focusing only on the client itself.

Uh just a heads up, do not give anything realtime priority on Windows unless you know what you're doing.

Audio, graphics rendering for your OS, mouse input, keyboard input, etc are all things that truly require realtime priority (well, sort of, it is complicated) and its a delicate balance. Giving something like a game realtime priority can lead to some funky shit happening: From "slower" performance because now your inputs are all messed up and delayed, to even being unable to do anything & requiring you to pull the plug on your pc, because you just told your system that it can ignore your inputs as long as it has something to process. There's a reason you need elevated privileges (admin) to even put an application on that priority level. Realtime means that nothing happens before whatever is on realtime has finished. As far as I recall PKH can be a bit "greedy"/intense with its CPU usage at times (like when launching the client, which is perfectly normal) so its more likely scenario #2 will happen where you have to pull the plug because nothing will react.

Other important Windows threads/processes run at High so even that isn't recommended for user applications. Best to stick to putting the priority on "above normal", which in theory should prioritize anything you've put on your computer yourself: From your ancient adware program to YouTube running in the background.

The other advice is solid though.
Never happened to me, and videos all on using that method for real time priority. And false, youre still able to lag, or have no effect after you switch priority. When I give my rs3 client priority, its not like youtube fully freezes when I teleport and screen loads for over 5 seconds and 5 more when I actually teleport to a crowded area. I set high priority on my rs3 client everytime I log in it. I guess the only time its harmful is when you stole a computer from a skeleton from 1960 and mf cant even run pinball. But for the alienware pc I have for over 10 years now, Priority setting has saved me a lot, never steered me wrong once.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:57 pm

Markymark wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:55 pm
Never happened to me, and videos all on using that method for real time priority. And false, youre still able to lag, or have no effect after you switch priority. When I give my rs3 client priority, its not like youtube fully freezes when I teleport and screen loads for over 5 seconds and 5 more when I actually teleport to a crowded area. I set high priority on my rs3 client everytime I log in it. I guess the only time its harmful is when you stole a computer from a skeleton from 1960 and mf cant even run pinball. But for the alienware pc I have for over 10 years now, Priority setting has saved me a lot, never steered me wrong once.
Realtime is used for hardware processes. Manually setting an application to it will cause problems unless you're running a very simple program that prints "hello world" to the console. Period. The severity of your problems will depend on how CPU-intensive whatever you're running is.

High is used for system processes. It is not recommended for user applications. Most of the stuff on this tier is stuff that Windows needs to operate smoothly (or at all). Manually setting an application to high can cause problems because you're literally taking away CPU time from processes that your OS needs. The fact that you don't notice issues doesn't mean that there aren't any. CPU cycles per second are in the millions so of course if you're running a game on High and Discord on normal you wont start lagging on Discord. Again, the issue is that you're taking away CPU time from critical processes/threads which is far from ideal.

Above normal is fine for user applications. It will prioritize whatever you set to that level over any other stuff you are running or have installed, like your browser/spotify/discord, ... but wont get in the way of processes that your OS needs.

TLDR:

Realtime is like taking away the brakes & steering wheel on your car so you can drive faster because your car will weigh less.

High is like taking away random nuts, bolts and screws to make your car weigh less. Will you still be able to drive the car? Sure. But in the end you are doing something which is considered very stupid and you are setting yourself up for a car accident.

Above normal is like throwing away the random junk you yourself have put in your trunk and backseat to make the car weigh less. Makes sense, and the junk you've got in the trunk and backseat weighs far more than those nuts, bolts, brakes & steering wheel will ever weigh.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:14 pm

Brant wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:12 pm
Lykos wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:45 pm 1. Completely remove any trace of PKH from your computer.
Great solution, I support