Revenant Caves

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Elon musky
Premium Donator

Revenant Caves

Post by Elon musky » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 am

So I found it quite interesting in this players video, that although he is on a Hardcore Ironman, he is receiving loot from Revs in the rev caves even after another player has attacked and taken damage from the revenant.

I couldn’t find the original revenant cave post, so I’m not sure if this is an intended feature or not. Or if this is a bug?

Also I’m not trying to be a rat on a fellow HCIM, but I just thought this was super weird.

Link to post with video: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82541

Raj
Developer

Re: Revenant Caves

Post by Raj » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:47 am

I think this either has to do with the way hits are calculated (misses aren't technically 'hits' I believe), so if the way the game handles this is tagging the NPC as being damaged by a non-iron when the non-iron registers a hit, then that probably isn't being done unless the non-iron actually does damage. The reason I think this is probably what's happening is because some of the mod logs don't count misses in the 'total hits' counter for a fight, which would be consistent with these misses also not being counted as hits (or at least seemingly not invoking the handling for hits).

The other alternative is the game checks the damage counters of everyone who hit an NPC before it died, and removes ironman damage if more than one person did damage. In this case the other person did no damage so it wouldn't see an issue. This case is also probably much harder to fix without converting to what I said earlier.

Not sure which it is, or if it's even either of them. But I'm like 99.9% sure it has nothing to do with rev caves themselves.

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 am

Elon musky wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 am So I found it quite interesting in this players video, that although he is on a Hardcore Ironman, he is receiving loot from Revs in the rev caves even after another player has attacked and taken damage from the revenant.

I couldn’t find the original revenant cave post, so I’m not sure if this is an intended feature or not. Or if this is a bug?

Also I’m not trying to be a rat on a fellow HCIM, but I just thought this was super weird.

Snitches get stitches... jk i didnt even think about that i wouldnt recieve the drops on my hcim, but yeah seems weird since ironman dont get drops when a non iron also deals dmg, but i got every drop.

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Isn't it just because the revenant sometimes heals? I think if the revenant heals more than the previous damage he took, in other words if the (hc)(u)im does atleast the original hitpoints from the revenant, he gets the drop.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:26 pm

Mitrovic wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:28 pm Isn't it just because the revenant sometimes heals? I think if the revenant heals more than the previous damage he took, in other words if the (hc)(u)im does atleast the original hitpoints from the revenant, he gets the drop.
This would be a good inference, but as I pointed out to Raj ingame, if you go to time stamp 4:42 on the video, you can see that there is a dark “1” hitsplat on the dragon right before the alt runs away, and at no time during the kill did the rev dragon heal (atleast from what I am seeing in the video). So that would still leave an unsolved mystery.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Sorazery wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 am
Elon musky wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 am So I found it quite interesting in this players video, that although he is on a Hardcore Ironman, he is receiving loot from Revs in the rev caves even after another player has attacked and taken damage from the revenant.

Snitches get stitches... jk i didnt even think about that i wouldnt recieve the drops on my hcim, but yeah seems weird since ironman dont get drops when a non iron also deals dmg, but i got every drop.
All HCIM are no good hackers! I’m reporting you to the NAACP