Download Issues!

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Riot67
Premium Donator

Download Issues!

Post by Riot67 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:47 am

Anyone know why I have the issue loading below. The pop up states that I am having an internet issues when I test the connection everything is okay. Any help would be appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Doctor drop
Premium Donator

Re: Download Issues!

Post by Doctor drop » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:41 pm

Make sure you areon a wired connection brother also try to clear ur cache , unistalling and reinstalling

Cheers!

Raj
Developer

Re: Download Issues!

Post by Raj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:17 pm

I don't know the contents of the code here so technically speaking that error could mean a lot of things but I'm going to assume the update server outright rejected your request to connect to their server socket because obviously everyone else can connect. Either that, or your machine didn't receive the response from the update server of them accepting your connection. Further I'm going to assume the coders are smart guys and this happened at least 2-3 times internally before the error was thrown (still, if you only tried it once, try it again). Unfortunately, like a million things could cause that.

Are you playing on a very slow connection, or one with high packet loss? There's a lot of online network test tools which should give your your mbps, ping, and packet loss numbers.
What are your Java versions and operating systems?
Are you playing in a country which for some reason might be blocked? If you are, see if using a VPN fixes the issue? You probably won't be able to log in with a public VPN, but it should at least confirm or deny if the connection's being manually blocked by the server due to your IP/location/whatever.
Do you have a firewall active?
Never hurts to manually use Google's DNS servers, just in case you're connection's failing at that level (although unlikely since you're on the website just fine)
Make sure there's no weird port forwarding going on on your router