Skilling Clues

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Elon musky
Premium Donator

Re: Skilling Clues

Post by Elon musky » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:23 pm

Thoby wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:06 pm The rates are dictated by the specific ore/log/fish that is gathered. It does not directly correspond to the level required, nor is it linear. A custom value is selected for each of the resources (imagine something like; rocktail = 120, manta = 100, etc), this value indicates the chance of receiving a clue scroll when receiving any of the resources. I honestly couldn't give you a quick and easy answer using the code, since these values are then used within a non-linear formula, where a value of 100 is not two times as likely to provide a clue scroll as a value of 50.

Since it's not straight-forward and will likely only cause more confusion, I don't think I will be presenting the values of each of the resources. I think your best bet would be to test the different methods, and compare the rates that way. I realize that I am not a big help in this case, but I hope that it at least clears it up a bit!
Honestly, the information you provided is more than enough, but I just have one more question in order to start conducting my own research.

Are the gathering values linear across all three skills by level requirement, or are they specific to each obtainable item?

For example: Shrimp requires 1 fishing to obtain, and Tin requires level 1 mining to mine. Would these items have the same values due to the same level requirement, or would the values be independent?

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:13 am

Elon musky wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:23 pm
Thoby wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:06 pm The rates are dictated by the specific ore/log/fish that is gathered. It does not directly correspond to the level required, nor is it linear. A custom value is selected for each of the resources (imagine something like; rocktail = 120, manta = 100, etc), this value indicates the chance of receiving a clue scroll when receiving any of the resources. I honestly couldn't give you a quick and easy answer using the code, since these values are then used within a non-linear formula, where a value of 100 is not two times as likely to provide a clue scroll as a value of 50.

Since it's not straight-forward and will likely only cause more confusion, I don't think I will be presenting the values of each of the resources. I think your best bet would be to test the different methods, and compare the rates that way. I realize that I am not a big help in this case, but I hope that it at least clears it up a bit!
Honestly, the information you provided is more than enough, but I just have one more question in order to start conducting my own research.

Are the gathering values linear across all three skills by level requirement, or are they specific to each obtainable item?

For example: Shrimp requires 1 fishing to obtain, and Tin requires level 1 mining to mine. Would these items have the same values due to the same level requirement, or would the values be independent?
Fully independant, so it could be a value of 40 for Tin and 60 for Shrimp. Glad I could help!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:18 am

Thoby wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:13 am

Fully independant, so it could be a value of 40 for Tin and 60 for Shrimp. Glad I could help!
Absolutely magnificent. With every single gather material having an independent value, there is no possible way to measure efficiency in skilling clue gathering! I’m glad you cleared that up!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 am

Elon musky wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:18 am

Absolutely magnificent. With every single gather material having an independent value, there is no possible way to measure efficiency in skilling clue gathering! I’m glad you cleared that up!
I can't believe that @Church was so far from the truth.. how does it feel to be exposed for your corruption and lies.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:01 am

Iron adam wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 am

I can't believe that @Church was so far from the truth.. how does it feel to be exposed for your corruption and lies.
Sure... this is exactly what happened.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:47 am

Church wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:01 am
Iron adam wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 am

Sure... this is exactly what happened.
Obviously.. everything that Adam says Is a fact

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Hoping
Known Venturer

Post by Hoping » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:41 pm

I notice I get way more clues when mining, rather than fishing and I have about 200m fishing xp an about 65m mining