Once again having issues with the client

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Raj
Developer

Re: Once again having issues with the client

Post by Raj » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:19 pm

If that command runs then that's not your problem. Not too sure. For what it's worth my OpenJDK is on version 11.0.9.1

Rayth
Premium Donator

Post by Rayth » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:33 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:19 pm If that command runs then that's not your problem. Not too sure. For what it's worth my OpenJDK is on version 11.0.9.1
I get this error when I close the client: "java.lang.NullPointerException
at pkhonor.wU.PsDw(Unknown Source)
at pkhonor.Client.OO(Unknown Source)
at pkhonor.mQzE.run(Unknown Source)
at pkhonor.Client.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)"

Any ideas? @Rapsey

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:41 pm

I don't think it's your Java version either. I'd have to decompile an obfudcated client to see exactly where it gets stuck but I'm not at home right now. It sounds like it's either failing to open the version file on your hard drive or failing to reach the URL for the version check. I'll have to dig deeper to get you some answers.

EDIT: Hmm actually I think this is a graphical problem, since it gets past the update checks and then launches the client window (which is apparently where it fails). It is however very hard to debug this without knowing which graphical environment you're on. Could you take a screenshot of where it gets stuck? I'should be able to recognize which window manager you're using.

Rayth
Premium Donator

Post by Rayth » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:17 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:41 pm I don't think it's your Java version either. I'd have to decompile an obfudcated client to see exactly where it gets stuck but I'm not at home right now. It sounds like it's either failing to open the version file on your hard drive or failing to reach the URL for the version check. I'll have to dig deeper to get you some answers.

EDIT: Hmm actually I think this is a graphical problem, since it gets past the update checks and then launches the client window (which is apparently where it fails). It is however very hard to debug this without knowing which graphical environment you're on. Could you take a screenshot of where it gets stuck? I'should be able to recognize which window manager you're using.
It gets stuck the moment the client opens. When the terminal reaches "checking for cache updates".'

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:43 pm

Wait... Do you not have a desktop environment? I was expecting to see a taskbar or something. This looks more like a WindowManager-only setup, maybe something like Openbox. Makes it pretty hard to tell what it is.

I may need to make you a custom debug client with more verbose output.

Rayth
Premium Donator

Post by Rayth » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:52 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:43 pm Wait... Do you not have a desktop environment? I was expecting to see a taskbar or something. This looks more like a WindowManager-only setup, maybe something like Openbox. Makes it pretty hard to tell what it is.

I may need to make you a custom debug client with more verbose output.

I'm using ChromeOS.

Rayth
Premium Donator

Post by Rayth » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:00 am

@Rapsey

I figured it out. I opened the jar file in a different application, and for whatever reason that was causing the issue. By uninstalling that program, and uninstalling and reinstalling default-jdk and openjdk-8-jre it fixed the problem. Thank you for your help!

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:43 am

Oh well that explains my confusion, then I guess you are running a Linux (Debian) container on top of ChromeOS.

I'm glad you were able to find i! Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :P

Rayth
Premium Donator

Post by Rayth » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:47 am

Rapsey wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:43 am Oh well that explains my confusion, then I guess you are running a Linux (Debian) container on top of ChromeOS.

I'm glad you were able to find i! Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :P
That's quite alright. Thank you for trying to help me solve the issue. :thumbsup: