Returning Player: Attempting to run client on HP Chromebook OS11

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Winn
One Hit Wonder

Returning Player: Attempting to run client on HP Chromebook OS11

Post by Winn » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:52 pm

Hey all! I'm trying to find a reliable way to download, extract, and run the client for PkHonor on my new HP ChromeBook OS 11. It is not able to run JavaScripts or java at all. I have winrar downloaded and I have downloaded the crossover app. When i load PkHonor through the Crossover app and extract using file explorer>run it literally pulls up what seems to be a fake RS website? And i even clicked forgot password on it and it took me to some BS RS3 site? I'm having a bunch of troubles and tbh just really wanna play lol. Can anyone please help? Thank you in advanced!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Returning Player: Attempting to run client on HP Chromebook OS11

Post by Iron adam » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:11 pm

Well if it doesn’t run java, then you can’t play pkhanor

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:07 pm

As far as we know it is not possible to play PkHonor on Chrome OS. The only way that I know of running it on a chromebook is by installing a different OS, one that doesn't make it impossible to run java applications.

I am intrigued by this fake RS website you say it sent you to. I can't think of anything in our client that would do that.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:45 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:07 pm
I am intrigued by this fake RS website you say it sent you to. I can't think of anything in our client that would do that.
He could've possibly downloaded the pkh client from another site than pkh itself i guess