Unable to log in

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Mdw91
Premium Donator

Unable to log in

Post by Mdw91 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:37 am

Hi,
I am having a big issue logging into the game, my client is loading but everytime I try to log in I get an "error connecting to the server" I tried every single way possible to log in eg; Portable client, webclient etc.
I tried deleting everything, even Java, with no success. When I try using the web client it tells me my browser is blocking the client or I do not have Java installed, I tried doing this on Chrome, IE and Firefox, all with the same message. This problem started today, when I didn't have any problems playing yesterday. I have no idea what is wrong but I could sure use some help!
Kind regards.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Unable to log in

Post by Rapsey » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:13 pm

The problem appears to be that you are behind a firewall which is blocking you from connecting to our game server. Before the host switch from a few days ago we had an automatic firewall bypass in the client but with this new host we couldn't use the same method anymore.

I have made 2 custom clients for you to test alternative methods of bypassing the firewall. Please give them a try:
PkHonor_firewall_1.jar
PkHonor_firewall_2.jar

If either of these work for you, please let us know which one. We would also like to know if they enable you to log in instantly or if there is a delay of several seconds before it logs you in. With that information we should be able to build this into the normal client so you never run into the problem again, assuming one of them works.

Mdw91
Premium Donator

Post by Mdw91 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Hello Rapsey!

Thanks for your help so far! Unfortunately the 2 clients won't work for me, the first client gives me a delay of ~10 seconds before receiving the same error. The second one gives me the message immediately.

I found out that the problem is my WiFi network I'm using, I tried connecting using my Hotspot on my phone and I have no issues. Ofcourse I like to play using my normal WiFi but as of now, I still haven't found a solution.

Kind regards.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:53 pm

Thank you for reporting back! With that information I have made you a third client. I believe this one will let you log in after a delay of 5 seconds.

PkHonor_firewall_3.jar

If that works we'll put it into the live client. The delay would be longer there as it would try to connect the normal way first, before attempting the firewall bypass, but it should be no more than 15 seconds. There's still a few tricks we can try to shave off a few seconds down the road.

EDIT: We have temporarily rerouted the fallback system to our test server so we can make some improvements. This means you will probably be the only person on the server when you try to use it, but at least you can try if it works.

EDIT: New client, it shouldn't have any delay at all but it does still go to the test server (because the current live server doesn't support this method yet). We will put this live with the next update.

PkHonor_firewall_4.jar

EDIT: This has now been released into the live server & client. There may be a few seconds of delay before logging in but after that everything should be normal.

Mdw91
Premium Donator

Post by Mdw91 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:12 pm

Hello Rapsey!

Thanks for your effort!
Problem solved! :D

Kind regards.