Fortune Completionist Cape

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Nazuths
Developer

Fortune Completionist Cape

Post by Nazuths » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:17 pm

So recently I have achieved my enchanted completionist cape, and rushed to the marble cape rack in my Player-owned house to get myself a Chaos comp cape and a Fortune comp cape.

Then the following question arose, how does the Fortune comp cape actually work? I've asked several experienced players for information on how exactly the cape works, with deviating answers.

Is there anyone that can explain to me in detail how the cape functions? It seems to me that the cape only works when the special attack (of the cape) has been activated which seems odd to me, since it should always increase the drop rate in my opinion when worn.

Wir3d
Honor Player

Re: Fortune Completionist Cape

Post by Wir3d » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Works like fortune whip, Get increased rate if you use your special on the npc. If you wear it, it acts like a normal fortune whip, increasing your drop rates. You don't have to wear it for the duration of the npc kill, just put it on before you get your last hit on the npc before its death.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Wir3d wrote:Works like fortune whip, Get increased rate if you use your special on the npc. If you wear it, it acts like a normal fortune whip, increasing your drop rates. You don't have to wear it for the duration of the npc kill, just put it on before you get your last hit on the npc before its death.
Thank you, my RNG just sucks then :D

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Wir3d wrote: You don't have to wear it for the duration of the npc kill, just put it on before you get your last hit on the npc before its death.
IIRC, you literally just have to put it on before it dies and not necessarily on the last hit.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Troll n roll wrote:
Wir3d wrote: You don't have to wear it for the duration of the npc kill, just put it on before you get your last hit on the npc before its death.
IIRC, you literally just have to put it on before it dies and not necessarily on the last hit.
Yes that's also what I find confusing, if anyone could confirm which one is correct that would be appreciated.

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:08 pm

You do not need to have the fortune cape equipped for the last hit (unless this is what you chose to do). Having the cape equipped at any time during the fight will increase drop rates by 14%.

Ayeno1
Premium Donator

Post by Ayeno1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:24 am

I remember a couple years ago Kaycee saying you had to have it equipped for most of the fight .... but was never really sure

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:06 pm

Troll n roll wrote:
^ That's correct.

The bonus gets added just before the drop appears. Equipping it while the npc is dieing will actually add the bonus. This will only count for the player killing it (having 4 players with a fortune won't further increase the droprate). Having an honor with the fortune whip will have no effect, seeing as only the person receiving the drop will get the bonus (and honors don't receive drops). Not to sure how it works when lootsharing though. I believe the player with the highest LSP will get checked.

The special attack will 'tag' a NPC. So this is something that counts towards everyone. A NPC can only get tagged once.

In most situation the Chaos outperforms the Fortune. The DPS increase will make the kills roughly ~20% faster, which is better than the +14% dropchance received (not to mention other perks of killing more monsters in the same amount of time). So having the Fortune as a late-switch is actually recommended.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:00 pm

U could just ask this in ur clan. Uok
#Justice4Church

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:26 pm

hi
Mike wrote:Multiplicative, but there's more to it than that.

Droprates work as follows:

For any NPC, there's a list of items that can be dropped (some items can be dropped twice but with different amounts, such as coins). For every entry in this list, there's a certain chance (out of 1000) that it will be dropped on kill. For example, a very rare drop may have a drop chance of 10 (so 10/1000 or 1%).

Whenever the NPC is killed, the server goes over every single entry in the droptable for that NPC and generates a random number between 1 and 1000 (including those 2 numbers). If this number is smaller or equal to the drop chance, the item is dropped with the appropriate amount. In theory, you could kill an NPC and have 10 different items drop in one kill (although this happens very rarely).

If you're wearing a ring of wealth (or have an ex-ex-parrot following you or have one in your inventory), this drop chance is increased by 12%, meaning a 1% drop chance will increase to a 1.12% drop chance, or a 11.2/1000 chance (this is rounded down and becomes 11/1000 or 1.1%).
If there's an event going on, then the drop chances for the NPC('s) involved in the event increase by 20%, so an item with a 1% drop chance now has 1.2% drop chance (12/1000).
If there's an event going on and you wear a RoW/parrot, the drop chance is increased by 20% + 12% = 34%, then a 1% chance becomes a 1.34% chance (13/1000).

The highest extra drop chance anyone could get is during an event, with a RoW/parrot, wearing a whip of fortune and using its spec on the NPC once = 20% + 12% + 14% + 1% = 47%, so a very rare drop of 1% becomes 1.47% or 14/1000. An item with 1.5% chance then becomes 2.205% (or 22/1000) etc.

I hope that clears it up :P (and isn't too confusing)