Fortune Completionist Cape

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Nazuths
Developer

Re: Fortune Completionist Cape

Post by Nazuths » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:27 am

The underdog wrote:U could just ask this in ur clan. Uok
No u

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:00 am

Thoby wrote:
Troll n roll wrote:
Wir3d wrote: You don't have to wear it for the duration of the npc kill, just put it on before you get your last hit on the npc before its death.
IIRC, you literally just have to put it on before it dies and not necessarily on the last hit.
^ That's correct.

The bonus gets added just before the drop appears. Equipping it while the npc is dieing will actually add the bonus. This will only count for the player killing it (having 4 players with a fortune won't further increase the droprate). Having an honor with the fortune whip will have no effect, seeing as only the person receiving the drop will get the bonus (and honors don't receive drops). Not to sure how it works when lootsharing though. I believe the player with the highest LSP will get checked.

The special attack will 'tag' a NPC. So this is something that counts towards everyone. A NPC can only get tagged once.

In most situation the Chaos outperforms the Fortune. The DPS increase will make the kills roughly ~20% faster, which is better than the +14% dropchance received (not to mention other perks of killing more monsters in the same amount of time). So having the Fortune as a late-switch is actually recommended.
So if i understand it well, it needs to be equipped just before the npc dies, but not necessarily when you perform the last hit. If it is equipped between the few seconds between the last hit & the drop itself, the bonus is added aswell. But so, what 5 iron replied on this post, is it false or not? If i equip my fortune whip in the middle of a fight and perform one successfull hit with it, then switch back to my other weapon, will the bonus be added or not? Thanks already for replying

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:13 am

Dziik0n wrote:So if i understand it well, it needs to be equipped just before the npc dies, but not necessarily when you perform the last hit. If it is equipped between the few seconds between the last hit & the drop itself, the bonus is added aswell. But so, what 5 iron replied on this post, is it false or not? If i equip my fortune whip in the middle of a fight and perform one successfull hit with it, then switch back to my other weapon, will the bonus be added or not? Thanks already for replying
That is correct. If you're wearing the cape/whip while the items appear on the ground (or the chatmessages appear) it means it was taken into account. Wearing it mid-kill won't do anything, hitting it succesfully doesn't 'tag' the npc and will not increase the droprate. The game only checks whether to apply the bonus at the moment the drops are generated.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image