The pkhonor installer doesn't work

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: The pkhonor installer doesn't work

Post by Rapsey » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:43 pm

It's true that the Java version packed into our installer client & portable client is 64 bit. We'll be adding a workaround in the future.

For now you can definitely use both of those clients if you have 32 bit Java installed. It's just the shortcuts / run scripts that don't work. If you double-click PkHonor.jar directly (in My Games\PkHonor\ for the installer, or in the directory where you extracted the portable client) then it will run using your 32 bit system Java.
Braxton wrote:I get a message saying, "you do not have sufficient permissions to create files in this directory. " I did EVERYTHING for two hours and was in tech for a while... I'm glad it wasn't my false knowledge and I hope I can get real installer soon.
I'm guessing you're trying to use the portable client? What operating system are you using? Where did you extract the client? If you're on Windows it should work anywhere except for in a few special locations (such as C:\Program Files\ and its x86 counterpart).

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:53 am

Rapsey wrote:It's true that the Java version packed into our installer client & portable client is 64 bit. We'll be adding a workaround in the future.

For now you can definitely use both of those clients if you have 32 bit Java installed. It's just the shortcuts / run scripts that don't work. If you double-click PkHonor.jar directly (in My Games\PkHonor\ for the installer, or in the directory where you extracted the portable client) then it will run using your 32 bit system Java.
Braxton wrote:I get a message saying, "you do not have sufficient permissions to create files in this directory. " I did EVERYTHING for two hours and was in tech for a while... I'm glad it wasn't my false knowledge and I hope I can get real installer soon.
I'm guessing you're trying to use the portable client? What operating system are you using? Where did you extract the client? If you're on Windows it should work anywhere except for in a few special locations (such as C:\Program Files\ and its x86 counterpart).
This was very helpful, Rapsey. Thanks a lot !

Braxton
Premium Donator

Post by Braxton » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:32 pm

No, I can use the jar client and portable client just fine.

It's the "installer version" I'm trying to download. The Pkhonor Windows Installer, gives me that permission message but I have edited every property to every location, transferred users to another to see if it was just a bug, but I am the ADMIN, I can create folders in that directory but for some reason the Pkhonor windows installer will not download for me and tells me I don't have the sufficient rights to create a new folder in this directory...

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:16 pm

Braxton wrote:No, I can use the jar client and portable client just fine.

It's the "installer version" I'm trying to download. The Pkhonor Windows Installer, gives me that permission message but I have edited every property to every location, transferred users to another to see if it was just a bug, but I am the ADMIN, I can create folders in that directory but for some reason the Pkhonor windows installer will not download for me and tells me I don't have the sufficient rights to create a new folder in this directory...
Check the permissions of your user folders as well. At least on Mac OS, the PkHonor client creates a folder in the user files.

Check your firewall settings too. Your PC may be blocking the cache from downloading since it's from an unidentified source.

I found this here:

Code: Select all

Hi - I finally found a Windows 10 fix - 
This may be caused by a folder setting in Windows Defender - Controlled Folder Access.

Go into folder settings and turn off/or allow app access - Controlled Folder Access

Settings--->Update & Security--->Windows Security--->Open Windows Defender Security Centre--->Virus & Threat Protection--->Virus & Threat Protection settings--->Managed Controlled Folder Access

Either turn this off completely or Allow an App through Controlled Folder Access
browse to your company file and add it an an exclusion.
Also, what happens if you right click the installer and select 'run as an administrator'?