ironman and voting

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Nickrock234
Honor Player

ironman and voting

Post by Nickrock234 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:14 am

Why is it that an ironman can't get vote rewards? I'm kinda new back to the server xD Ples halp
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: ironman and voting

Post by Iron adam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:20 am

It was a decision by the owners. They did not want Ironmen to get a competitive advantage by buying votes from other players.

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:28 am

Couldn't they have set it to only be able to vote for the account while on the same ip?

EDIT: I'm not sure if there is anything that would help an ironman from the vote shop, it's just something that I happened to notice.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:30 am

It was more to do with the fact that iron man is a standalone game and allowing them to buy votes off players dimishes that.

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:33 am

Isaac wrote:It was more to do with the fact that iron man is a standalone game and allowing them to buy votes off players dimishes that.
Wouldn't locking the ip address take care of that?

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:45 am

Votes also provide you effortless money.
“Couldn’t removing money from vote shop prevent that?”

The same question could be asked about every item. Just create a regular account and you can vote.

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:56 am

Slap a ho wrote:Votes also provide you effortless money.
“Couldn’t removing money from vote shop prevent that?”

The same question could be asked about every item. Just create a regular account and you can vote.
I'm kind of preemptive in this thread, I'm at work so I can't check the items in the vote store. But being able to vote to get donator points to get status for your ironman if you can't pay for it with irl, or if you don't have the funds on a regular account ingame would be helpful.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:58 am

Ironmen obtain premium without donating. It’s bought with in-game currency.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:45 am

I'd like to see it added if it can be limited to the IP of the player, but am not sure how to then handle rewards that people have already received from hard clues/if the vote rewards should be removed from those for irons.

Fsmurf7
Wise One

Post by Fsmurf7 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Skiller wrote:I'd like to see it added if it can be limited to the IP of the player, but am not sure how to then handle rewards that people have already received from hard clues/if the vote rewards should be removed from those for irons.
no reason to add this, they receive ALL vote rewards from caskets, maybe just recently after the ironman update but I believe its been far too long to be able to do this, being able to vote and grab 50m starter cash is just pointless as an ironman player in my opinion.