Question regarding IP bans??

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Dr phyll
Premium Donator

Question regarding IP bans??

Post by Dr phyll » Tue May 15, 2018 5:10 am

When someone is ip banned, like myself, does that mean my home network ip is banned or my PC's ip is banned? As in if I change my networks ip address' would I no longer be IPed? Not necessarily doing this just wondering on how exactly the mechanism works??

Slap a ho
Champion

Re: Question regarding IP bans??

Post by Slap a ho » Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 am

Don’t worry about it. Disclosing any of this information only does harm & zero good. If you really want to learn about it, do your research.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Tue May 15, 2018 6:46 am

Your home network is banned. Changing your IP would bypass the ban, but you’d just get re-banned for evading the punishment.

5alood
Premium Donator

Post by 5alood » Tue May 15, 2018 9:03 am

Simon wrote:Your home network is banned. Changing your IP would bypass the ban, but you’d just get re-banned for evading the punishment.
^
Possibly get full-banned for evading an IP-ban tbh

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Tue May 15, 2018 9:49 am

Lol.. Just say you're asking for a friend. They won't suspect a thing.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue May 15, 2018 10:14 am

Simon wrote:Your home network is banned. Changing your IP would bypass the ban, but you’d just get re-banned for evading the punishment.
^.
With the slightest suspicion you're an ipbanned player, you'll be investigated and if you are, you'll most likely be found. The IP-Ban is already a "go away, we don't want you here". (Of course you could appeal it.) Anything after that is pretty much a bigger flyswatter with more upgrades and always with that same message.
Appealing the IPban (not individual ban) is a much wiser thing to do, tbh.

King four
Honor Player

Post by King four » Tue May 15, 2018 10:33 am

5alood wrote:
^
believe me I can confirm this, as someone who majorly screwed up I was ip banned and unknowingly avoided it so my current situation is I'm not allowed to come back and never will be unless rules are changed, so meaning don't even ask the questions because its not worth it.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm

King four wrote:
5alood wrote:
^
believe me I can confirm this, as someone who majorly screwed up I was ip banned and unknowingly avoided it so my current situation is I'm not allowed to come back and never will be unless rules are changed, so meaning don't even ask the questions because its not worth it.
I was a good boy and appealed mine :)

Dr phyll
Premium Donator

Post by Dr phyll » Tue May 15, 2018 6:31 pm

believe me I can confirm this, as someone who majorly screwed up I was ip banned and unknowingly avoided it so my current situation is I'm not allowed to come back and never will be unless rules are changed, so meaning don't even ask the questions because its not worth it.[/quote]
I was a good boy and appealed mine :)[/quote]

I tried and got denied lol

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue May 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Dr phyll wrote: I tried and got denied lol
Re-appeal at a later date. You don't get IP-Banned for nothing. It's a punishment, not a slap on the wrists. There may very well be a chance you never get unbanned, but appealing it and not avoiding your ban is a much better route to take than taking the avoider-route.