name change

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Not motti
Forum Addict

name change

Post by Not motti » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:58 pm

why am i not able to switch my forumsname back to motti

Ryan
Staff Manager

Re: name change

Post by Ryan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:00 pm

I assume it's because your main is banned in-game?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Ryan wrote:I assume it's because your main is banned in-game?
Correct. A ban means you can't use the account anymore. That includes using the name on the forums.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Has it always been this way, I think I still had The Builder as my forums name when I had a ban request on my in game account

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:02 pm

The builder wrote:Has it always been this way, I think I still had The Builder as my forums name when I had a ban request on my in game account
Yes, it has always been this way. Of course if you had the name as your main on the forums when it got banned then nothing will happen. We can't automatically set another account as your main. Most people don't have any secondary accounts linked to their forums account and even for those who do, it would be stupid if suddenly they can't log in anymore because their account got renamed to god knows what. We won't ban the forums account either since it would be equally stupid to have to create a new forums account to be able to appeal your ban.

But if you already have another name on the forums and you want to change it to an account name that is banned, then you can't do it. Losing the ability to use that account is part of the punishment + a good portion of accounts get banned for inappropriate usernames, so it would be silly to let people use those names on the forums.

Not motti
Forum Addict

Post by Not motti » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:08 pm

How about a quick unban for the name change

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Fat goat wrote:How about a quick unban for the name change
How about no you toxic shit

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Support
Not

Not motti
Forum Addict

Post by Not motti » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
How about no you toxic shit
says who

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:42 am

Rapsey wrote:
The builder wrote:Has it always been this way, I think I still had The Builder as my forums name when I had a ban request on my in game account
Yes, it has always been this way. Of course if you had the name as your main on the forums when it got banned then nothing will happen. We can't automatically set another account as your main. Most people don't have any secondary accounts linked to their forums account and even for those who do, it would be stupid if suddenly they can't log in anymore because their account got renamed to god knows what. We won't ban the forums account either since it would be equally stupid to have to create a new forums account to be able to appeal your ban.

But if you already have another name on the forums and you want to change it to an account name that is banned, then you can't do it. Losing the ability to use that account is part of the punishment + a good portion of accounts get banned for inappropriate usernames, so it would be silly to let people use those names on the forums.
*Tries to forget how banned trial mods were able to gain forums-moderator privileges*

:)