Client Issues

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Rgh
Honor Player

Client Issues

Post by Rgh » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:56 pm

To clarify, I have deleted and re-installed the .jar client, tried the .zip and the webclient and this issue still seems to occur at the worst of times.

The issue I'm having started when I clicked my PoH Frost Portal and my client literally just closed itself, thinking this was just a one time bug I looked past it and continued to play (because when I logged in, I was inside the Frost cave)

Then the second time which was when it really annoyed me, I was going to do my corp task I enter the cave and click the door you use to get into corp and the client once again closes itself. I re-log to find that I died but luckily was my honor account and not my main. Then I just proceeded to look past it again thinking it was just a little bug. This is where I re-installed, tried webclient (which never works, just saying) and tested the .zip client. Of course, this client closing issue just keeps happening at random times, like even if I click my bank it will close itself and it has gotten to the point where pretty much most actions still end up closing the client.

Other than re-installing, using the troubleshoot guide I have not tried anything else and would really appreciate a resolve to this issue so I can play the game again. :afro:

Update: this issue is still ongoing, although I have found many more ways for my client to close such as teleporting to the fight caves, actually literally dying on the game closes it, merely clicking something and I did ::timeplayed which also closed the client.

Also, I can understand this is an issue that hasn't happened to anyone so this isn't something that can be resolved straight off the bat. But I posted this a few days ago and I have not had any assistance, I feel like I have been left in the dirt to resolve myself.

I have factory reset my PC, re-installed, sweeped my PC for malware with 3 antivirus software's; Malwarebytes, Avast and out of impulsiveness I downloaded Kaspersky to triplecheck my shit and thought the issue would clear but it still happens.
Last edited by Rgh on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tezey
Honor Player

Re: Client Issues

Post by Tezey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Frost portal works fine on my honor so can't be that.

Rgh
Honor Player

Post by Rgh » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Bump. This is still happening and I have tried everything to resolve this myself, including factory resets to sweeping my pc with antivirus softwares to literally re-installing for the 4-5th time.

Also used the troubleshooting guide a few times, there was days this didn't happen but I almost died at corp again to this issue and had to get my cc to save me before I did. Would really appreciate any response at this moment of time as there wasn't one to start with.

Rgh
Honor Player

Post by Rgh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:16 pm

bump???

Rgh
Honor Player

Post by Rgh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 pm

bump again.

now i teleport to yanille and this will happen, also had this issue with dragons cave too. (everything stated above still happens to this very moment)

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 pm

What are your system specs? PC, OS, cpu, gpu, etc.
Also what is your java version? Try downloading the most recent one, if you haven't already.

Rgh
Honor Player

Post by Rgh » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:39 pm

This is still an issue, although sometimes when I go to these places it may not happen. Majority of the time it does, kinda getting annoying considering I have to suicide in most places just so I can pvm/go there without it closing.

For example, if I have a corp/kbd task I'll go there naked to trigger the client to close. When I open a new one, and return its completely fine. Yeah, can't even fathom how frustrated this gets me.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:51 pm

What we really need to figure out what's causing it to crash is the output from the black screen / terminal / cmd. IIRC the Windows clients have shortcuts to run them with that output visible, the others need to be launched from a terminal. You appear to be using the Windows installer client now so you should have a "Play PkHonor (with black screen)" shortcut.

Rgh
Honor Player

Post by Rgh » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Rapsey wrote:What we really need to figure out what's causing it to crash is the output from the black screen / terminal / cmd. IIRC the Windows clients have shortcuts to run them with that output visible, the others need to be launched from a terminal. You appear to be using the Windows installer client now so you should have a "Play PkHonor (with black screen)" shortcut.
I just ran that shortcut file and it gives me a "The system cannot find the path specified" error. Quite clueless to what this means to be honest

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Rgh wrote:I just ran that shortcut file and it gives me a "The system cannot find the path specified" error. Quite clueless to what this means to be honest
It looks like a bug has crept in with newer Windows versions that breaks the black screen launcher, but only when used from the start menu (and probably also desktop shortcuts). Please navigate to your Documents > My Games > PkHonor folder. It should work if you run it from there.