Interesting error

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Skiller
Developer

Interesting error

Post by Skiller » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:05 am

Hey y'all.

So today I just moved back into my dorm at college. Back using their wifi too.

Whenever I try to run the .jar file (i'm on a mac), it tells me there's an error, and to delete the cache from the pkhonor folder. As soon as that's removed and I run it, it loads up fine, after downloading the cache.

However, the next time I try to run the .jar file, I get the same error as thrown before.

Any thoughts on what would be causing this bug?

Hi im alood
Known Venturer

Re: Interesting error

Post by Hi im alood » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:03 am

Interesting...

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Have you tried changing the location of the main directory? Could be an administration problem on your PC.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:26 pm

I use a mac and just moved into my college dorm and I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I need to delete the cache whenever I want to run the jar client.

Edit: I tried running the jar client via terminal and simply got a "error retrieving the cache" error message.

Edit2: If I have one client open and try to open another client, I get the same error message.

Edit3: For clarification, I never experienced this bug before moving into my dorms.
Last edited by Simon on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Simon wrote:I use a mac and just moved into my college dorm and I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I need to delete the cache whenever I want to run the jar client.

Edit: I tried running the jar client via terminal and simply got a "error retrieving the cache" error message.

Edit2: If I have one client open and try to open another client, I get the same error message.
How does your school's network connect with computers? Ours requires 802.1x verification or whatever, i'm wondering if that's involved

Teh prophet
Novice

Post by Teh prophet » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Hey jay,

I've always had to do this no matter what manner I receive internet connection through (Wi-Fi of different types, Ethernet). I've chalked it up as necessary despite it being annoying. Same thing has to be done if you want to open duplicate clients to multi-log. Even if you have a client open and running (in-game), you still have to delete the Cache in order to start a duplicate client.

Tom brady
Premium Donator

Post by Tom brady » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:05 am

Yeah, I also experience this issue. It's really annoying because all your settings preferences are erased as well
FRO TIME :afro:
OPRAH!

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Post by Im on meth » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 am

I don't think it has anything to do with your connection. This used to happen to me every few weeks or so.

I have two copies of the jar client on my computer. One at /Users/Patrick/PkHonor/ and one in a folder on my desktop. Deleting the client in the folder on my desktop and then deleting the cache usually fixes this for me, and then I have to re-add the client to my desktop. Deleting the cache without deleting the client on the desktop would require me to delete the cache every time I loaded the client on the desktop.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm forwarding this thread to Rapsey. This bug is honestly incredibly annoying and if there's one man who can fix it, it's him.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:01 pm

Simon wrote:I'm forwarding this thread to Rapsey. This bug is honestly incredibly annoying and if there's one man who can fix it, it's him.
he doesnt know where it comes from and it doesnt happen to him... had the same problem but it fixed itself.